Engine missing and crap Idle.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

duza

I've had this annoying miss on mild acceleration and also at constant highway revs pretty much since I did my 1UZ conversion. There is also an uneven idle and maybe even a slight flat spot from idle when you floor it.

I have replaced all the usual suspects. Leads, caps, rotors, etc and removed the intake manifold, resealed everthing and cleaned the throttle body properly. I then recently disconnected the AFM. The fault disappeared. Hooray, I thought, buggered AFM. Replaced that yesterday, but fault has reappeared. Now, I know the ECU reverts to open loop mode when the AFM is not working. This means that the ECU ignores most of the sensors on the motor and uses a preset set of parameters. This means, probably that one of these sensors is playing up and causing my problems. Which one though? Any suggestions to help narrow the odds here would be appreciated. The 1UZ seems to have a myriad of sensors, any one of which could be my problem.
Ric

howdy, just finished mine off over the last week or so, and was underneath the car and noticed suction line to the fuel pump had collapsed, i used a VL turbo pump and 3/8 hose that was fairly stiff in the wall but it still managed to collapse, just a thought check your fuel pressure....oh yeah, any idea where i can get a LS400 sump(front) and oil pick up from in Sydney by thurs/fri??, mine slipped off the jack today and completely fecked it.

howdy, just finished mine off over the last week or so, and was underneath the car and noticed suction line to the fuel pump had collapsed, i used a VL turbo pump and 3/8 hose that was fairly stiff in the wall but it still managed to collapse, just a thought check your fuel pressure....oh yeah, any idea where i can get a LS400 sump(front) and oil pick up from in Sydney by thurs/fri??, mine slipped off the jack today and completely fecked it.

Have already checked fuel pressure. It is good and does not change at all when the motor is missing.

Try SSS Automotive in Girraween for your sump.
Ric