ecu dramas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dar_sbb

hey guys,

i've got error codes 41 & 47. I have swapped tps's and checked wiring and all seem fine. So what i gathering is that its an ecu problem. This has now led into a different issue, tracking down another ecu...

so my question... are ecu's compatible between motors?

my current ecu is:

89661 50171
34-26-22-16 pin

was wonder if there are any others that i could get

cheers

It's from a UCF 10 or 11 Celsior.

I would hazzard a guess that there may be a dodgy cap or degraded PCB inside the ECU so a good option might be to have it rebuilt. Try this mob http://www.afiaustralia.com.au/home

They seem to be doing a good job on the KZN130 ECUs with reasonable prices and good turn around times

thanks heaps for the info.
yeah its of a 92 celsior.

I will give these guys a buzz and see what they can do for me. Depending on the price i will be tossing up whether to go standalone. Will let you know how i go.

cheers again

got a price back to get the ecu refurbished. As they didnt know what it could be i wasnt will just to send it there and for them to have a play.

i opened it up and found this:
IMG_0989_1.jpg

i decided to give a capacitor change a crack... as the price for the repair was coming into standalone territory, i thought... if i stuff it... get go megasquirt (or equivalent)

bought all the caps for 3 bucks and went and changed them, cleaned the tracks and... to my amazement... it 'so' far works...

i took it for a 500km round trip to the high country a day ago (not 2 much 4wding but there was some good ole rough stuff) and it performed flawlessly.

only issue i have is error 47 is coming up as i have pulled the traction control tps out because when i plugged it in the same dramas happened.

all in all, except for a high idle, its running like an absolute freight train atm.
will re plug the secondary tps in and see if the cut off is still happening.