ECU compatibility

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

88runnasr5

I've been searching and reading for a couple hours.
Will a 2uz vvti ecu theoretically run a 1uz vvti?
Or will 2uz vvti heads bolt onto a 1uz vvti block and run on the 2uz ecu?
The intake height isn't going to be a problem.
I am trying to stay light as possible in a 4runner I am building and this is my last hurdle of gathering information before jumping down the rabbit hole.

I'm afraid I can't chime in too hard here as I'm no expert. Thankfully, there are many such experts around this site and on clublexus.com . What I can say (and what you have probably now figured anyway) is that the 1uz head will fit your 2uz.

I'd be going the other way around 2uz head on 1uz block but since the 1uz fits on the 2uz then I see no reason why it wouldn't go the other way. Whole reason in doing this is I don't want to run a stand alone computer system and want to retain the 5 speed auto. The 2uz came with the a750f 5 speed auto and the 1uz the a650e. Since its costly to come up with adapters to mate a transfer case behind the a650e I would rather do a 1uz block with 2uz heads, ecu, transmission and stock transfer case.

If you are swapping heads, I doubt the stock computer will work. Flow rates are different.

My stock ECU needed the capacitors rebuilt, which put me half way to a Megasquirt ECU in terms of cost. The trans can be controlled by an add on module, but I understand not wanting to go through with the headache.

If you are going to keep the stock ECU, then you are pretty much going to have to keep the stock engine.