ECU Beeping

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Quadcob

Has anyone heard thier ECU beep after you turn of the the motor. The ECU is fro Crown motor with a manual transmission fitted to a kit car. When I turn of the motor the ECU beeps 5 time after a few seconds. At this stage the dash is removed from the car so I cannot say what the fault light is doing, but when it was in the car the light didn't come on. The only thing that has gone wrong is the battery dropped a couple of cells and was only 8 volts. I replaced it today and everything appeared normal except for the beeps.
Any ideas?

Warren

I've never heard of an ecu ever beeping.
Especially a pre 1998 ecu.

I know my Pioneer deck beeps 5 times after I turn the key off, telling me to take the face plate off.

Peewee,
I have a Pioneer radio in front of the ECU. The beeping only started when the car came back from the upholstorer. Never gave the radio a though. When I went to pick the car up the battery died(7.9v) and they tried to jump start the car. When I heard the beeps I thought the worst as it might have been from the failed jump start.
Thanks, I am glad you mentioned the radio.

Warren

my LS beeps

1st reason is because the sunroof is opened or not properly closed

2nd reason is to tell you that you can't control the windows anymore (when you shut the car off, you have 10-15 seconds to close the windows if they are opened and you didn't opened the door yet.

Yeah, the Pioneers do that as a default setting.
You probably had it set to not do it (I know mine is).
When the battery died the deck would have reverted to all its factory settings.

Attachments

• fish.jpg
    fish.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 7