Eaton m112 on a 1uz.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

ozvenom

Well I finally got another project almost finished it started last year with fitting a 1uz into a vs commodore with a shiftkitted auto its been running sweet for the owner now for the final stage fitting the eaton m112 i posted some pics of the manifold i have been building last year well the instalation is complete .
All that has to be done now is check the air fuel ratios on a dyno and take it for a long test thrash (i mean test drive.) got to make sure it lasts in the owners hands.
It goes good so far.

Regards oz.

Clean looking install! Would you have any recent pics of the manifold?

Is this the one where you "decked" the factory manifold, then added a small plenum chamber and a mounting plate above the chamber?

John

For FI application you can delete the circled crank vent. You can route it to a catch can or a breather filter. Otherwise, its very clean. Keep us updated with results.

yep.

Hi yes it is the factory manifold that i modified which seems to be working the only dissadvantage i found doing it this way is i could not get the blower low enough to clear the hood so it now has a small powerbulge for the pulley to clear.
The blower i bought off a forum member it is a new xkr jaguar unit.

The engineer that has aproved the mods wanted a closed pcv system .
The pipe you circled has a one way valve to stop boost getting into the crankcase it works fine not ideal but it works i would normally run a breather tank.

regards oz

Dyno results

I took the car over to check the air fuel ratios and see what sort of power it made.
Well the word rich is an understatement at its richest it was 10.5 :1 so i know we are loosing a heap of hp from that . I will have to fiddle with the fmu springs to get it right.
It made 227 rwhp at 7 psi it was a hot day about 30 c . it still has the stock ecu so i was prety happy with the driveability of the car and its responce.
Regards oz.

Idleair.

I plumbed it off the rear of the inlet manifold with a bit of 3/4 hose and a plate bolted to the valve then the air into the valve come from just in front of the throttle body. it also uses a gtr skyline bov for air recirculation . even the cruise control works fine.
Regards oz.

:Eyecrazy: Man!!!! That is the exact same setup I want to shoot for in the future on my SC, that is so nice!!!!!! What kind of HP can you expect the M112 Eaton to produce? Any belt slippage with that setup?

that S/C will produce some killer power...tuning is a large factor in this one...227 is good but aim for 300 easy...

Heck my 3.4L v6 is hitting 233whp right now.

Giver man!

Also those once through river water intercoolers help a bunch.

Who wouldn't kill to be able to run 13 psi of boost and only have 35 degrees C intake air temps? And Joel told me this is with stock 10:1 compression, too.

John

Update.

I finally got the commodore retuned with a vortec super fmu which has adjustable rising rates varing from 3.75 to 2.22 by changing the size of the plate and ring inside the unit started with the richest and changed it once to a middle sized plate and it was perfect low 8's on the lambda .
It still has stock ecu and modified log headers but made 257 rwhp and 1312 rwnm of torque that is rear wheel torque not to be confused with engine torque like last time i posted here. The car has also had a gearing change which has helped it get off the line a lot better. I feels like it wants to go all the time the changes have made into a realy nice car to drive and i think the owner will be very happy with it.

I would put up the latest dyno graph but you know its not worth the arguments.
Have a nice day.
Oz.

Weas - You said tunning is a major factor with the Eatons...Could you be more specific..What is required when tunning the IUZ-FE after the supercharger setup is complete...A/F ratio and timing? What do you use to tune? MSD, Piggyback ECU?

tuning

It has a std ecu with no plugins the only tuning that has been done is with the fuel curve produced by the fmu to get the a/r right timing and all other functions are std .
The vortec super fmu is very good it has progressive curves and adjusts easily .
I am going to put a turbo on my ute which has a std ecu and use the same system.

Oz

ozvenom said:
It has a std ecu with no plugins the only tuning that has been done is with the fuel curve produced by the fmu to get the a/r right timing and all other functions are std .
The vortec super fmu is very good it has progressive curves and adjusts easily .
I am going to put a turbo on my ute which has a std ecu and use the same system.

Oz
You may use a Vortech 12:1 FMU. I've been using it on other cars with very good results. Of course, it can't be compared to a modified ECU and larger injectors, but it is very convenient & quick to use with. Or you can change out the spring/disc inside the device just like you said. As in theory, this Vortech FMU & higher fuel pump can hold up to 9 psi, however, I only used it around 5-7 psi just like anybody else. I just didn't want to take risk.

How did you control the timing? Or does the 1UZFE handle the timing well at this boost?

I'm eager to know and really like your work. The throttle body isn't in a regular position, but who cares since it keeps boosting. 257 rwhp isn't something to look down. With headers and/or just a complete exhaust system with this supercharger, I'm positive you'll gain a lot more hp, who knows maybe at least another 30 whp. Forced induction system creates more backpressure, so when it's free to flow, it gains more whp than a natural aspirated engine with the same exhaust setup.

boost

It is running 7psi boost i had a 8:1 fmu on it but it was way too rich and cost hp . timing is fine the ecu has knock sensors so if you get any detonation it will take out timing automaticly.
with it runing rich it was making 225 rwhp and about 950 rwnm of torque.
Regards oz

ozvenom said:
It is running 7psi boost i had a 8:1 fmu on it but it was way too rich and cost hp . timing is fine the ecu has knock sensors so if you get any detonation it will take out timing automaticly.
with it runing rich it was making 225 rwhp and about 950 rwnm of torque.
Regards oz
That's why you're running way too rich with 8:1 FMU. Running too rich can cause fouling to the sparkplugs, combustion chambers, O2 sensors, and catalytic converters. It won't last long for a daily driver. Watch out!

Here's the link to the Vortech FMU site: http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/products/fuel/fuel_fmu.html.