Diff leak

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

White ls400

My diff is leaking on both sides where the axles come out of , is it just the 2 axle seals that need to be replaced or is there more to it than that. How hard would it be to replace these. Or could it just be grease seeping out of the cv boots because the only place i can really see it is on top of the exhaust

I swapped axles in my 91' and I thought they were sealed. I took out like 6-8 allen bolts and they had grease in between... this could be what your looking at, or the CV boot is torn and leaking. Question, is there grease everywhere? when the boot tears grease fies everywhere when you start driving. My second idea would be gaskets. i am pretty sure there is a rubber gasket on each side, the housing spins on each side so they must have one. if you have an afternoon take some of the rear suspension off to slide the axel out and check.

yeah i thought it might be grease too its hard to tell i can only see it on the exhaust where its mainly melted by the time i see it but it does feel rather waxy, only problem is i cant get the car high enough off the ground to get under and see where its coming from and so far i havnt seen a split in the boots. Is there a tutorial for removing the axles to do the cv's

I read all the tutorials and nada on axles. I replaced the entire back end of mine after spinning my LS out at high speed, and nailing a curb. it's not too hard.

1.back weels off
2.mark camber just in case but leave camber bolts alone, unbolt lateral arms at the spindle ..
3.pop the upper control arm out of the spindle.
4.unbolt lower arm at spindle. Leave trailing arm alone
5.unbolt sway bar end links

Ok, now your ready for removal:

1.unbolt allen bolts from axle/diff housing. (6 bolts if i remembered correct)
2.pop off "C" clamp at end of axle
3.slide axle out of spindle

it's a fairly straightforward job. i would recommend a ball joint puller and tie rod pry bar for removal. Should take an afternoon and I did mine w/ basic bottle jacks. hope this helps!