Dedicated LS400 site?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm searching a full bio for the LS400

from it's 1st year to 98 or more.

I want to know what changes and improvements have been made from the first year because i'm selling my cressida to buy one.

I found a 91 LS400 no rust, black, seems to be very very clean for 5800$ cnd nego. if it's as clean as the guy says, it's pretty cheap. don,t know the milleage of the car but even if it's 270 000km or more i'm not scared, i know what torture those cars can handle.

Quebec there is no such website...This forum supplies the most info for that car....The SC400 and Soarers are very simular cars as you should know....

There is alot of info on the Club, but it is mostly centered around the 300's and not the 400's....

What are you looking to learn that you cannot get from this site?

Woohoo, I found exactly what i wanted

http://www.lexls.com/info/lsgenerations.html

I wanted to know if it was better to buy a 1st gen Serie II LS than a Serie I. Finaly the 91 has better brakes. That's what i wanted to know.

The only thing i really don't like is the green illuminated cluster but there must be a way to change that. This site is LOADED man, there's everything i want to know, simple and well built site!

Geez, I went to test drive the one listed at 5800$

man o man... it's MINT!!!!!!! tan interior with NO dark splines on the seats. The car has 3 little sign of showing rust. 224800km *yeah right...* but it goes well and seem to pull hard (didn't "drive" it because the owner is an old man and i didn't want to scare him since i'm only 23)

I fell in love, it's fully loaded with nakamichi sound system. New brakes, winter tires, even the A/C works. There's a slight vibration coming from the front sometimes just like my SC were doing.

I got it for 5000$, I'll give an acount tomorrow and pick it up in 2 weeks.

I missed so much that 1UZ sound :drool:

The owner is kinda like me. First he owned 2 Cressida, then the LS, and he bought a RX300. I've got 3 cressida, bought my SC400, and now the LS!

Lexus/toyota OWNS!

2 problems with the car, 1st is the good old climate control screen (surprised?) 2nd is the driver door handle wich doesn't return quite correctly to its closed position. There's also a prolem with the lock/unlock sensor in the door so i can,t lock the car with the key or the alarm will activate.

I never beleived a TAN interior could be that mint. (well, it's a pretty Dark TAN but not brown) Wow, the trunk is HUGE in this car!!! Far from my SC400 lol!

looks like i'll still be a 1UZ driver :D It seems to be geared wider also, it wasn't revving as fast as my SC on the highway.

I'll buy it and drive it but won't build it :p I have enough wich my wrecked SC400. In fact, the reason of my wallet tells me to not buy it, but my heart screams louder. It's soooo much smoother than a cressida, wider, more comfortable. And since my Cressida has shaved doors, i guess i'll have a lot of trouble to use it this winter (long story) so i'm trying to sell it for a cheap price instead.

Quebec - When I was in the used car business buying and selling used cars years back...I would always try to get the best deal possible when purchasing a car, naturally being in the business...I would be patient and low ball many sellers...The sellers would say no, and I would walk...Call back a week later and ask the seller if he or still would be willing to consider my original offer, the seller would then come down off his original asking price considerably but would still not usually agree to my ludicrest original offer...I would then wait another week and call him and say the same "did you sell the car yet, and will you let it go"...The seller would finally agree but whine abit..but in the end I would drive away with a great deal.....Alot of deals I would lose out on with that approach, but every once in while I would get lucky a get a real steal....That is one technique I used...Also you don't need to lie and say your broke and cannot afford the sellers full asking price or beat his car down to justify your ridulous offer...Just tell the owner you like the car but your budget only allows you to spend (what you originally offer)....Don't say keep my number if you don't sell it either, they never call you back...You need to stay on it...

Another way you could go but it is chancy...Tell the seller you would like to have a mechanic look the car over for problems after agreeing to a lower selling price...A good mechanic will always find stuff that needs fixing and the potential repair costs are usually high and that is another good way to negotiate down the agreed selling price even more....Some sellers still won't budge, but most will if they really want to sell the car when just find out all the stuff that needs fixing from the mechanic...

Just a couple of things for you to think about when purchasing a used car from a private party....Patience and persistence is the key....Good luck...Man I sound like used car salesman scum on this thread...I am glad I sold the business years ago....See ya

I know, but i can't afford to wait, because i absolutely needs to sell the cressida.

And 5000$ LS400's doesn't wait very long before they are gone here. Specially one in this condition (don,t forget we've got winter, winter = rust) I've seen a few 90-93 LS and this one is the cleanest i've ever seen, and also one of the cheapest (with my price)