Deceleration cut out, idle rev limit, neutral cut out, manual gearbox, bridge wireing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

H7ERO

Hi guys , iv been searching for a while but cant seem to locate threads iv found befor, damn me for not adding to favs!

Iv had my 2nd gen 1uz running for 5 years now as a manual format across two cars, and its boosted and still going strong

Im trying to tie up some loose ends that were suposed to be quick get me running fixes from years ago, that iv never got round to fixing.

Iv bypassed the auto box using NSW to STA bridge

however apparently this has results in a lower rev limit by 500 rpms (not really a problem)

more importantly it might be linked to the what is proven to be common deceleration cut out, or cutting out as you coast down or lift off,

Ive learnt to live with it and in a a way it saves some fuel lol look at BMW trying to copy us with stop start technology!

However if someone can point me to a solution to the above or a proven 'fix'
I would be most grateful!

Iv cleaned out my IACV in hope but suspect its something to do with something else

would it be better to trick the car somehow into thinking its in 'drive' with maybe a hard switch to NSW for start up?

any help or ideas would be appreciated

Maybe amalgamate ideas here as theres plenty of other with the same problem?

I've made quite a number of experiments on vvti/non-vvti 1uz's. None of them does need the proper voltages at sta/nsw (where applicable) for starting firmly, if everything else is ok. So yes you can trick ECU for "d" range and report how it goes. But that won't eliminate the deceleration cut-off as it's pretty normal thing.

so would you say in your experience one should just accept the decel cut off?

Iv lived with it for 5 years anyway lol

what is it about the autobox which stops it happening?

maybe the torque converter rotating mass keeps the engine spinning.

Im starting to remember somwhere somone mentioning connecting the wire for the brake light switch helping the matter, which sounds posible,

might have to try that out too

Pardon me if this sounds wrong, but regarding: "more importantly it might be linked to the what is proven to be common deceleration cut out, or cutting out as you coast down or lift off," - this sounds normal for most cars with fuel injection built in the last 20 years or so?

My grocery getter, a 2001 Holden Commodore cuts the fuel off completely when decelerating, as long as the engine revs stay above about 1300 or so.
When going down hill, if I drop a gear (say to third from 4th) that means at any speed above 80kph, when decelerating, the fuel is completely cut off (injectors dont open at all). Similarly 2nd gear, down to about 40kph - no fuel used when decelerating.
This is done as a fuel saving measure.
In more modern cars the auto gearbox actually changes down when the car's speed slows, in order to keep engine revs up above the "stall speed", whilst still not using any fuel.