Custom sumps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Guts

What should I expect to pay?

Since I have a standard mid mount what will need to be done to the pickup when the new one I want made is like a rear mount? Also I`m assuming its cool to have a custom made one made as a one piece instead of 2 like standard.

Here is side on and front on pics of how the mid sump sits in my lux with the High cross over steering. So you can see how I need something like a rear mount.

Who makes sumps and do they supply with anything that is needed like different pickup?

Guts,

Have a look in the conversion section (at the front of the site where we all skip thru) at Leons 4Runner in NZ.

I think you need to look at a front sump rather than a rear.

Leon made his own "extension" sump to clear his suspension.

You can get a custom sump from Castlemaine rod shop for a bit over $600 or make your own, but it is a fairly involved job, but Im making trap doors and baffels with a windage tray as well in mine. Id say if you have the money, get one made.

Anytime over the next 3 or 4 months, I`m not in a hurry to finish the lux as I`m having to much fun going as passenger and getting really pissed. Oh and it costs me stuff all to go away.

High Energy Oil Pans
6a Short St Dandenong 3175 (03) 9794 9075

These guys make custom sumps, but unfortunately are very Ford, Holden and Chev oriented. They didn't believe Toyota made a V8 when I spoke to them, but were prepared to have a look at the sump and have a go.

Whilst I think Krayns effort is commendable with the amount of work that went in wouldn.t it have been easier to mill the bottom off the alloy sump and tig a new botton on it?

I want to move the bottom of my (rear) sump to the air co side of the engine by 50mm to provide greaer cleaance for the front drive shaft and I think it is easier (and nicer to the engine) to do it in alloy rather than in steel from scratch.

I haven't got my car back from the paint shop yet (after 2 months!, my wife is getting sick of the sight of me!) but when I do I will modify the sump and post some shots.

I was in two minds as what to do, either mill the origional or make one from mild steel from scratch. The main reason I made my own was that I could do it as I have a mig set up for mild steel. If I went the alloy sump I would have to take it else where and get it tig welded which would cost money and I am a tight arse. Yes it would have probably only cost a couple of hundred dollars, but at this stage I dont know if this design will work. At this stage the sump owes me less than $30.

Your reasoning makes sense to me.

There is a special joy in doing it yourself, and having it work.

I can't TIG alloy so that part I will be paying for.