Custom made sumps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Cheers guys, I might just give the origional silicon a try or see if i can get the orange stuff, any ideas rod on where to get the Worths Orange sealant.

Chris,

Worths products are used extenively by the trade.

I would try looking Worths up in Melbourne and they may tell where you can buy it.

A large auto supply store should carry it.

toyota make a very good sump sealant thats competitive in its pricing ( on par with 3bon or Werth )make sure they supply the t- peice that fits over the back of the tube as the techs like to keep them very usefull on any product in a tube.
we make a sump that fits any thing even dry sump and bolts to the lower gearbox and fabricate sheet alloy sumps without lower mounts formerly ( 4 cams )

i'm using CAT gasket compound. looks and smells like 'bluegoo' (plumbing adhesive) but works like silicone.

CAT use it for head gaskets on their diesels, so it should be fine for a sump gasket!

hey 1uz-hz

i used a crs sump

it looks very nice and clean inside

has a laser cut baffle plate and is very thick in build and weights abit too

would be hard to make one just as good if u didnt have the correct tools

both nissan and toyota make there own gasket silicone
it is the best stuff to use

toyota use black ****
nissan use orange ****

sideshow said:
hey 1uz-hz
both nissan and toyota make there own gasket silicone
it is the best stuff to use

toyota use black ****
nissan use orange ****
and as per the HONDA guys they use their famous HONDABOND caution!!! color is gray

hey to all i just finished making my sump out off ali i would post some pics on the site but dont know how to do it if you can tell me i will put them on so you guys can see the sump in progress it is a front bulge one

BLOWN EA 4 EVA

Click on "Post Reply", scroll down untill you get to "Additional options", just under where you write your post, and down a little further is a button with "Manage Attachments". Go into here and hit the "Brouse" button and search for the pic you want to upload from your pc to the site and then "upload" file.

Hello

Has anyone considered using another models of sump or the sump off the original cars engine?. I was researching things the other day and the guy at toyospares could supply a sump adapter plate to fit a hilux or hiace sump to the V8. For example a hiace has a rear sump so this seems a easy solution for many applications. Of course the pick up would need to be modified to suit.
Another option would be make your own alloy adapter plate to mount any OEM sump you want, This might be easier than making a complete sump. Just a thought.

Cheers

The problem we all face is the commonest sump is the mid-mount Crown unit. Whilst there is nothing wrong with the set-up it doesn't help if you need a front or rear arrangement.

Crown half cuts are cheaper than SC400 or LS400 so people tend to buy them. Add to this the separate ECT and the Crown is a bargain!

I think there are a lot of rear and front sumps available in the States but we need to be able to get them here at a reasonable cost.

We all need to look at what we can do with what we have to do the job we want without repalcing the whole sump unit.

Personally I needed a rear mount to clear my suspension but also needed a mid mount to clear my starter motor (it lives under the engine) so I made an adaptor to use a rear mount oil pan on a mid mount sump and things clear without the expense of buying a rear mount and hoping it would fit and clear.

here's a pic of my modified mid sump. has a notch to clear the front diff in my hilux. Pick up has also been modified along with added capacity on the front of the sump.it was made by a local fabricator.

mark

Not having looked at the sump of my 1UZ-FE, I was wondering if this engine is fitted with a crank scraper? If not has anyone made their own?

Nath

Nath, Check out my post in this thread, post no 12. I made a windage tray on mine. yet to see if it works. Hopefully in the next month or two I will have the enginge in and running. Kris