custom made 1GZ parts list

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

redrocco

I have started working on my 1GZ-FE engine and I will be makeing some custom parts for it. I figured since there is just about zero aftermarket for this engine I will post a list and pics of the parts I am makeing and the price in materials that each cost me to make. If any one else would like me to make them a set too that could be aranged for the cost of materials and like $5 to $10 per hour for the machineing. If there are any parts that I haven't put on the list let me know your idea and I will see what I can come up with.

The list so far

Billet fuel rails.
AN8 rail costs aabout $15 per foot shipped and 2 22" pieces are needed so $60 in materials per set so I would sell them for about $100 plus shipping for a set.

304SS header flanges.
still working on this but looking at 1/2 thick stainless.

Billet 4140 fly wheel for tillton triple plate clutch
makeing a few of these right now as they will also work on my 1UZ. $150 each plus shipping

Stroker kit to use honda B16A forged H beam rods and forged pistons on a reground 1GZ crank. Not shure how much of this I will be makeing myself but would be more then happy to explain it for free.

Mounts for 1GZ into what ever car I wind up putting it into. I will know more once I pick a car.

is there a wrist pin diameter defference between the 1gz and b16? 4age also has 81mm bore have you looked into them? also the 6a13t turbo galant motor has the same bore and stroke. i think the wrist pin is damn near the same

idea of what the b16 stroker kit displacement would be?

Last edited:
the 1gz and the b16a both have a 21mm wrist pin. I am not shure how close the 4age and 6a13t rods are. The b16a has such good aftermarket support that forged rods for it would be much cheaper and more common.

Def going to keep an eye on this thread. This is my next motor and I plan on fitting in an scx00 or sc430 chassis. Or I'll just get another mkiii supra for it!

I have started working on my 1GZ-FE engine and I will be makeing some custom parts for it. I figured since there is just about zero aftermarket for this engine I will post a list and pics of the parts I am makeing and the price in materials that each cost me to make. If any one else would like me to make them a set too that could be aranged for the cost of materials and like $5 to $10 per hour for the machineing. If there are any parts that I haven't put on the list let me know your idea and I will see what I can come up with.

The list so far

Billet fuel rails.
AN8 rail costs aabout $15 per foot shipped and 2 22" pieces are needed so $60 in materials per set so I would sell them for about $100 plus shipping for a set.

304SS header flanges.

makeing a few of these right now as they will also work on my 1UZ. $150 each plus shipping

Stroker kit to use honda B16A forged H beam rods and forged pistons on a reground 1GZ crank. Not shure how much of this I will be makeing myself but would be more then happy to explain it for free.

Mounts for 1GZ into what ever car I wind up putting it into. I will know more once I pick a car.
Any up dates? Just ran across this motor and wanna put it into my Supra! Only issue is tue crossmember looks like it would be in the way.

The list so far

Billet fuel rails.

304SS header flanges.

I just purchased my 1gz to install in a 53 Mercury Wagon. Just starting to look at performance options. Do you know of a way to use downdraft? Or maybe sidedraft? I want a wow factor when I open the hood

Best rods and pistons to use on the 1gz-fe are for the 7afe Toyota engine. The rods are only 1.384mm shorter, making them ideal for turbo charging. The width of the big end are a bit narrower. 21.79mm vs 23.749mm. The big end are the same diameter.

Two realistic ways to reduce the side to side rod play. a. Weld crank up, on sides (1mm) , and regrind. Add a phosphor bronze spacer between the two rods.

Does anyone have a rod and piston I can 3D scan for prototyping so we can get these started. I am about to buy my second engine here soon, but wanted to get a good set of rods and pistons together before diving fully in. I already have the engine externally 3D scanned and wanted to keep it all together to throw into an FRS (it barely fits, barely). or find another SC and machine a custom oil pan that uses the OEM oil pump but in a rear/mid sump configuration without going full drysump as I want to daily drive a Toyota V12 on stock computers etc..
Also @redrocco I saw that you mentioned that the wrist pin is 21mm, which is the same as B16a, do you know what the dimension of the big end of the rod is? Also does anyone know of a crossover piston that is the same diameter that has the wrist pin in the same/similar location? I appreciate the help guys! We make all sorts of adapter plates, and flywheels for so many conversions and now we are getting into the 1GZ stuff, so any information would be greatly appreciated!
Brett Collins, Collinsadapters.com