crs sump - anyone know where a good pic is?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

edz

I remember seeing a good pic of a crs sump last week, but didn't save it at the time. This week I'm starting my sump build - can anyone point me in the right direction? The photo was a front offset showing the crs logo?

Cheers

Thanks for all the quick responses guys - this site is tops!

Zuffen, I'd love to have my car ready for Sydney, but no such luck! A long way to go (aiming for later next year)! But I'll be there in my new Lextreme T shirt and hat!

Dreamkiller - I too am doing a rear mount rack, had enough of crappy tyre scrubbing steering with front mount racks in my Fj! Using a Mazda 323 rack and Hq stubs (reversed arms). Photo's look good - nice welding! Did it end up straight? I was thinking of using the sump to keep it straight? Is that Eh in the background running the new invisible ultralightweight stub axles, you better watch the bumps!

Aaron - that's the pic, thanks for that, how fast is the fastfj? Getting closer to completion? I'll email you a pick of a friend from our car club - he's fitting a 1UZ and widening the guards 105mm to suit a commondore independant rear! My build is starting again, sick of building the house so trying to spend one night a week at least! Firewall is dished, starting on rack mount and sump.

Hay edz,
Good to see your back on the car build again.
If you need the TIG give me a yell (Could come in handy with the sump or exhaust). Furthermore are you keeping the thing on Petrol or converting to LPG.

Bryan

I finished the sump a couple of weeks ago, thats the only pic i have at the moment. It ended up quite straight, within a mm or 2 and was faced.
I priced some of those stub axles but were too expensive so ill be using run of the mill items.
Has your project stalled? as you havent updated your site for a while.

Hey Bryan, I was actually about to call, yes I'd love to borrow the tig to do my sump.

The project hasn't stalled, just keeping the wife happy with gardens, tiling etc! Back into it a bit more regulary - I'll post photo's tonight of the mazda rack mounts I'm welding brackets for at the moment. Then I can start the sump.

Been playing with a Dillon Gas torch (now known as Henrob). Great for very neat profile cutting, welding and uses half the gas. Welds aluminium etc (a lot easier than using an oxy). http://www.cut-like-plasma.com/ or in Australia - American welding in Victoria.

As for fuel - with petrol heading high, I've bouht an lpg gas system to fit! Will be interesting - twin turbo's and lpg - power and a thicker wallet!