Crown V's Lexus Water Pumps

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Shuey

Hey Crew,

Just about to do a major service on my 1UZFE equiped HiLux and would like to know if the Lexus waterpumps on an Australian delivered Lexus would fit up (both mount and plumbing outlet positions) to a Crown type engine??? If it is the case it means that I can go to my local Toyota Parts centre and pick one up.. if not, then does anyone know where to get one from???

Cheers,

Shuey

I am wondering the same thing, you can get powermax brand from auto parts shop for $170, almost worth a try, I assume they are the same as they are driven off the cam belt and that part of the motors seems to be all the same but I would like conformation, the bit the fan mounts on isnt the water pump as most people (including myself ) first think,

Gent's PM Peewee (also a WA resident) he seems to know more about Toyota part mnumbers than Toyota.

He may be able to help.

I got the following parts to suit my 1990 crown 1uz of a toyota dealer in brisbane.
Water pump : 16100-50022
Timing belt : 13568-59045
The following i got of the local dealer in cairns Rear main seal : 90311-95012
Thermostat : 90916-03075 (same as V6 camry)

interchangable.

Hi guys the answer is yes they are interchangable. i have fitted a few of them to various lexus cars uzz32 and uzz31 and crown the core engine is the same on the early models. i would only use a toyota pump and belt. Pumps cost just over 200 and a belt is about 85 . And any one doing a belt change put on a new pump when you do it as it will more than likely need doing in 6 months any way .
i have had 3 instances where a belt has been changed and the water pump bearings have collapsed with in 6 months. It is my policy to highly recomend it now when doing a belt change.
Regards oz

Other Parts

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all of your input.

Tell me... and this may be a stupid question... but shoul dI be changing the Ider Pulley's and the tensioner... anything else I should consider???

Cheers,

Shuey

When changing the belt replace all idlers. The tensioner will be OK but the tensioner's idler must be replaced.

If you go to Planet Soarer Pete Scott did a write up on changing his belt, pump and pulleys and where he got the parts and costs.

The write up was in the last 2-3 months.

All good

Cheers Zuffen....

I had a read of Pete Scotts article and it makes sense to do it all while is apart.

I'll start getting the parts sorted out this week and do the overhaul next weekend.

Cheers,
Shuey