Crown ECT with after market computer

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

devojet

I have a 1uzfe that I pulled out of a Crown front cut. I am planing on running the engine off an aftermarket computer and the gear box off the standard Crown transmission computer (ECT).

Has anyone else tried this?

I know the external conections thanks to Kdogs wiring diagrams but I'm not sure about the ones that go between the two ecus.

I have already worked out how to connect the TPS signal (L1, L2, L3, and IDL), temp input (OD1) and I'm not sure about the engine speed (NE) input. But I'm not sure about the other signals that go to the engine ECU.

Can anyone tell me what the other signals are that go between the two ECU's or will I have to work it out for myself?

I can't remember what model it was as my brother striped it out over 2 years ago and it has sat around since. It has the two ECU's and the wiring matches Kdogs diagrams. I would be happy with info on any model some one has done this with.

theres about 8 to 10 wires that go between ecus
never seen it done

and never been asked to wire it up like that

you could try gettin a 7mgte auto ecu and wire it up

or just go full aftermarket auto ecu

or just do it and see what problems you run into

yeah it's those 10 or so wires I need to figure out. so far I know what signals to send 4 of them and have a good idea of another two of them I just need to work out the rest.

I do plan to just try it as I can always just wire it as a manual if I fail which I would be happy with. I'm pretty sure I can get it to work so I will let everyone know if I do.

I have found that the aftermarket auto ecus are very expensive and this is ment to be a budget build.

Here are all the connections on the 7MGE ECT ECU.
I'd hazard a guess that the 1UZ one is very similar.

By the sounds of it you have every wire covered that needs to be done.

D_009.gif