Cooling system pipework deleting ???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

elliotaw

Just looking for some input on a pipework question.

On my 1uz, I am hoping to delete the radiator overflow bottle proving I can lift the radiator up enough once the engine is in the car. At the moment I am assuming I can do this.
On my engine there are two cast coolant manifolds, I dont know the correct name for them but there is one at the rear and one at the front of the engine, they bolt to the top of the heads, the front one houses the temperature sensors etc. The rear most of these manifolds has two ports roughly 10mm in diameter for coolant flow to the TB and from the overflow tank.

I have bypassed the TB and run the rear 10mm port to a T which pipes into the thermostat housing, the other port in the T then runs back around the other side of the engine and into the other 10mm port on the rear manifold.
Now my worry is that because I have these two hoses hidden away under the plastic covers, being very close...actually touching the fuel rail, that it could heat up the fuel and cause hot starting problems.

My question is......can the two rear 10mm ports be simply blocked off, and also block off the port to the thermostat. Would any trapped air in the system still be able to work its way out ?

Any ideas? I hope my desciption makes some kind of sense ?

Elliot

You shouldnt boil your fuel since it would be under about 60psi of pressure raising the boiling point and i would doubt you would be able do delete those crossover manifold between the heads.

I've had a few carbed engines that ran into hot starting problems due to fuel vaporisation..... you might be right about the fuel being under pressure though?
It isnt the crossover manifolds I want to delete...just the two hoses that run between the front manifold and the rear one...

Elliot

oops my bad.I had those pipes deleted on mine for a while,but then reconnected them mainly because the block off rubbers i thought may cause dramas popping.I wasnt going to try and replace them in the car was going to be in to awkard of a spot.

I ended up running a hose from the t/stat housing,under the manifold and then to the pipe at the back.Will end up using those pipes for my turbo in the future.

The reason I want to delete them is to make room for the remotely mounted ISCV hoses. I think I will block off the rear nearside hose, then do what you did and run a hose from the stat housing to the back farside manifold. I dont want to delete all of them incase air is hard to blead from the rear manifold.
How did your engine run when you had them all deleted ?
Elliot

I deleted those pipes on my 1uz out of ignorance. Once i got the engine running i had 2 temp guages fitted one on the front one and one on the rear, i found that my motor had a 10 to 15 degrees temp differance from front to back, with the back being the cooler of the 2.
When i recently rebuilt the motor i put a hose from the t/stat housing,under the manifold and then to the pipe at the back, i found the coolant temp has now evened out.