Compressor covers in both orientations?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

4000GT

Well, I know they have existed in some factory backed applications, but not sure if available for general consumption. Are there any turbos out there that can come with the compressor cover is either orientation? So when looking front on, they would appear to be the mirror of each other?

That's gonna require the compressor wheel to spin the other way?

Early Mitsu turbos used to spin anticlockwise i think but the convention is clockwise so unlikely to find a matched pair?

I am trying to get a symetrical build with the turbos, and I know Honda had their twin turbos built in mirror reflection for a series they competed (I cant recall the series). Just wondering if anyone knows of practical examples. Would make the plumbing a lot more tidy. I will try and find info on the example I know of.

You see this a lot in marine and industrial engines. Don't know if Garrett or IHI do this for high perf automotive turbos.

Engines like Gale Banks' TT SBC are such a work of art already, it's a shame they don't have mirror image compressors.

You see this a lot in marine and industrial engines. Don't know if Garrett or IHI do this for high perf automotive turbos.

Engines like Gale Banks' TT SBC are such a work of art already, it's a shame they don't have mirror image compressors.

That's the prob though, you can't just mirror the housings as that would be relatively simple. You have to do the wheels as well and that is a whole different kettle of fish.

High end is most likely but i can't think of anything, let alone something easy to find. Certainly the race teams don't usually go to this trouble.

Garrett make a left hand turbo for the F250 trucks, mayeb try searching the wheels sizes and look of the turbo and se if it matches anything in normal configuration. I believe they are about a 600-700hp turbo though.

6BOOST