Cigarrette light 12V outlet is dead?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

vito.a

The cord on my radar detector shorted out and now my 12V cigarette lighter socket is dead. The rear lighter socket works. I checked the fuses under the hood and even put a new ashtray/lighter assembly in, but it is not providing 12V power.

Is there another fuse for this somewhere? The wires look very small diameter for a cigarette lighter power, maybe 18 gauge at the most and I really expected 12 or 14.

Is there another ignition switched 12V source that would be easy to run a jumper up to the back of the ash tray and bypass the original?
Or, is it maybe the ground wire??
Thanks
[email protected]

vito.a said:
I checked all the fuses under the hood right behind the battery. Is there a fuse in another location?

as per my previous post

not sure what are your drving but ls400 fuse's are found under the dash just above you accel/break ect... 15amp fuse is used by the cigerette lighter... all the accesories/lights ect relative fuses are found here.

mine always goes when using gps for some reson...

I had it die before, and it was just the fuses above the parking break. if it's not there, then it would have to be a wiring fault. I'd say maybe pigy-back it off of the second cigarette lighter -- again though I'm an amateur, take what i say with a grain of salt.

I had it die before, and it was just the fuses above the parking break. if it's not there, then it would have to be a wiring fault. I'd say maybe pigy-back it off of the second cigarette lighter -- again though I'm an amateur, take what i say with a grain of salt.

both lighters run of the same fuse