Car Mods

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

bmack

Hey All,

Just got back from adding Super 44 Flowmaster Mufflers 2.5" on my car. They sound great a deep low rumble. Not excessively loud in the car with the windows closed. I have a baby boy that rides with me sometimes and the wifey would def. be annoyed. I ended up running 2.25" pipes from the center resonator, but I think I later I might get rid of the center resonator. The response seems more sudden and my air/fuel ratio (analog) seems to be more stable than with the bfi only. I got them installed for $120 and paid $125 for the mufflers. Was that a good deal?

Overall, other mods that I have done are the bfi, safc2 lean to about 19-23%, air fuel gauge analog (both o2 sensors), new tires, all fluids syn. (will do coolant soon), alignment, took out rear tire and now getting 18 mpg with better responsiveness. Before was getting consistent 14/15 mpg city.

Still pondering the Forced Induction route to take and now leaning more towards the single turbo after seeing stevechumo's setup. The supercharger manifold situation seems troublesome and mainly want to get 400 hp and run stock engine and parts.
What would be a good turbo to get this? I was looking at the t3/t4 on ebay which seemed cheap at $120.

thanks

hey david,

yeah I wouldn't mind were the parts came from... $2000:439: sounds good to me what turbo would be good for 400 hp? I was looking at steve's setup and he did it all around $1500 for the saxophone stye . hell yeah that would be good what type of welder were you using to tack up the pipes?

I was just going to pick up a harbor freight welder and already have 20 ft of 2.25" and 10 ft of 2.5". would i need 3" piping?

later
ben

What's wrong with inventing the wheel Lex? This forum is all about inventing or re-inventing the wheel or making the wheels go faster, no?

Dude, it all starts with the basic's, exhaust mods which consist of Headers, deleting the cats or going high flow cats, 2.25 inch mandrell piping, high flowing X member, and high flowing mufflers... Then the good old BFI intake design...A Piggy back ECU and fine tune and a torque converter to compliment it all... That will give you a good start by adding the basic mods to the N/A motor and Sc400/Soarer car.....

Next level of mods which can start to get pricey after you realise your SC is still slow compared to most sportcars.- Cams, boost (turbo, or supercharge), porting and matching the heads, etc....Tranny swap and or buildup...

Final level of modifications - You suddenly find yourself getting tired of the smaller liter V8 1uzfe engines even though they are wonderful little motors and you then decide that you want to invent the wheel and go where no man has gone before..You ponder on the idea of swapping in a larger big block motor into your lexus/soarer..Such as maybe an LS1 or LS7 motor, or maybe even the 572ci GM crate motor. You then invision the picture of a root blower sittin on top of that monster.... You then realise you will break the bank trying for that wet dream and wake up to reality and go with a cheap Nitrous setup...

Welcome to my world......