Cams

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I am almost 99% sure the post 98 cams (1uzfe, 2uzfe and 3uzfe) are interchangeable. However, the 1995-1997 cams are little better then the previous years and 1990-to 1997 cams are interchangeable.

Ok,

Mr. Instructor.....

OBDII 1995 and newer
VVTi 1998 and newer
3uzfe 2001 and newer (Remember 1998-2000 GS400?) 2001 GS is 4.30 Liter.

Feel free to down grade my instructor status as I still have much to learn yet as a young grasshopper...

However, I do know these early 1uz-fe motors like the back of my hands....

I must say I do know about the VVt-i's coming into play in 1998 just wasn't up to par on the 3uz's....Thanks for the clarification Master LEX.... You are definetely the man up in this beast.....:notworthy:

I had Webb Cams in Riverside hardweld and re-grind my 2uzfe cams to the following specs:

Intake Exhaust

Valve lift: .354 .354
Duration 234 degrees 234 degrees
Duration @ .050 208 degrees 208 degrees
Lobe center: 110 degrees 112 degrees

Intake opens -6 degrees BTDC Exhaust opens 36 degrees BBDC
Intake closes 34 degrees ABDC Exhaust closes -8 degrees ATDC

Ground specifally for my supercharged/turbocharged '03 Tundra 4.7

Been 13 months but won't be long before we hear it perk :eek:)

Wayne
Yeah and then another 13 months

so if you get your stock cams re gound where can you get shims big enough to bring the tolerances back into spec? i assume toyota wont make ones that big to suit the 1uz

We provide additional shims plus your stock shims... However, due to different cams to your engine, you would need to check for shim clearance. FYI, even with aftermarket cams, you still need to check for valve clearance.

98 and up engines have different shimming system. 3UZ is alot harder to shim. However, we do offer a package with over size valves. The oversize valves are custom cut longer to compensate for the cams.

Are the shim kits, tool and video tutorial mentioned at the start of this thread a work in progress still?

My 2 year old ticking sound in the left head is getting annoyingly loud :(

We are trying to make a video on how to change shims but havent got around to it and need to call up friends to do the video and edit it.

...does anybody know if the STOCK gen1. (UCF10, pre '96, version with the "stronger" rods) 1UZ cams differ from the STOCK 1UZ gen2. cams (UCF20, '96, "weaker" rods version) ?...

meaning: will they produce the same results under boost ? (same boosted setup offcourse..)

Thx !