Bushings

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

iceman1110

Ok. I have been searching the internet far and wide but cannot find an answer to this. When reversing if I hit the brakes I can hear and feel a decent clunk noise. I took it to a shop and was told that it was my control arm bushings but that replacement was not necessary if the problem did not bother me. Is this safe? Is the bushing failure just a nuisance and not a safety concern? My 1992 sc400 has roughly 215,000 mi. on it and it would ease my mind to know if I am safe in this car. Thanks.

Great post... matter of fact this Friday I will be taking a day off and change all of my bushings. Please contact Tom from from LPD at [email protected] and tell him Lextreme refer you. I will be changing all the bushings front and back. LPD have some good stuffs and at a very reasonable prices.

I'm with Lex on this one...I would change them out, 215k is a lot of miles!! I replaced all of my bushings around 150k...makes a world of difference!

If you've got some extra money, go the extra mile and change your motor mounts and transmission mount as well!

I also have a source that has the new rubber bushings with cores & shells for the SC lower control arms. These bushings are easy to swap in, and they'll ride like stock.

is there a tutorial for this? I'd like to do it as well, and don't know too much about messing with suspension, even though I'm fairly sure I could figure it out myself. I just want to do it right though.

is there a tutorial for this? I'd like to do it as well, and don't know too much about messing with suspension, even though I'm fairly sure I could figure it out myself. I just want to do it right though.
PM Mr. Lextreme and he has spanking new authentic Lexus SC bushings that are ready to be on sales.

I'm definitely interested in getting some new bushings, but how expensive are they? Also, my suspension is squeaking, actually it's more of a creaking, but could that be the bushings? My car was recently driven over a curb and don't know if that is bushings or bent struts or what. Also the steering wheel is now turned about an 1/8 of a turn to the right, but the actual wheels are straight ahead, (the alignment doesn't seem that bad) what could that be? I am getting an alignment soon, but just wondering if that is what it is or if there is something wrong with the steering rack or something?

Attachments

• DSCN17232.JPG
    DSCN17232.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCN17172.JPG
    DSCN17172.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Image0072.JPG
    Image0072.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN1714.jpg
    DSCN1714.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 2
Just let u guys know. Aftermarket bushings suck except Vlamos. Those cheaply made bushings does worth the time or money. In the long run... its cheaper to the the original stuff.

I'm definitely interested in getting some new bushings, but how expensive are they? Also, my suspension is squeaking, actually it's more of a creaking, but could that be the bushings? My car was recently driven over a curb and don't know if that is bushings or bent struts or what. Also the steering wheel is now turned about an 1/8 of a turn to the right, but the actual wheels are straight ahead, (the alignment doesn't seem that bad) what could that be? I am getting an alignment soon, but just wondering if that is what it is or if there is something wrong with the steering rack or something?
There're many reasons that it creaks. I think it'll more likely be the bad bushings. Bad bushings will make noise and will get you off the alignment doesn't matter how you align the car. Jack up your car and try all of your strength to shake the lower control arms near the bushing to see if they're still tight. The best test is to take them out and inspect them.

Bent struts could be the case but it's the least thing to happen. They don't get bent easily. And the thing is the SC has the bad bushings very often.

Thanks Stevechumo. I was thinking that it was only bushings, but I couldn't help but consider the struts. My sister somehow bent a strut on our last car so I have had some experience with that and what that felt like. It sounded sort of the same, but a lot worse. Thanks for the input though.

Knuckle bushing

Just discovered that the bushing in the rear drivers side knuckle of my 94 LS 400 is split in two.

Does anyone know of a source to replace this?
I might try a universal part from Prothane if nobody here has an answer.

thanks, mark

I dont know about "all bushes are junk except..." because I have 2 different brands of polyurethane under my car including oem and I don't have any squeaking and they perform just as good as the few oem replacements. Just a good tip that makes all the difference when doing the install is the grease! Use ONLY synthetic white lithium grease, its stickier and lasts longer. Cheap red generic grease will deteriorate quicker and you will experience the squeaking we're hearing about. Honestly most of the time when I hear about poly bushes squeaking its because the person used the wrong type of grease.