Boreing out Throttle body.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

smokeysevin

Hey guys I have a 2001 toyota tundra that i drag race and i can get out of high 15's on my 1/4 so i was lookin gthrough a magazine and i saw a 4.0 jeep motor that had a bored out throttle body and i figured if they can do that for a jeep why not a 2uz? so i was wondering if i ported my intake manifold and bored my throttle body would the cost be worth it? and what sort of gains could i expect? also would i run lean?

SEAN

Sean,

If you can find a suitably sized throttle plate to use it will improve airflow.

Work out the crossection of the annulus you will create and even 1mm will give good gains.

I can't predict what gains you will make but you will make gains.

The ECU will adjust for the extra air, just like a 6lb supercharged engine.

I would predict zero gains if you are talking about power. I really cant see the massive TB these cars have as a restriction. I would be uber impressed if you do, and will quickly run my spare TB down for a bore if you do.

the throttle body on my spare 1uz had been bored out,what gains it would make i cant say as i havent used it because they also ground off the cable mount.

the main reason im thinking that i would pick up a little power is that the tundras run rich for some reason. apparenty its a common problem and thats why with just bolt on's you are limited on power. thats just what i heard so if im wrong please point it out.

SEAN