BMW V12 Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
curious here, since your going for a BMW engine, did you look into sourcing an S70/1? i would suspect slightly rarer than the M70, but a lot more common than the S70/2 and /3. i'm wondering how much more the S70/1 is compared to the M70

Well, the S70 is sort of the blueprint I'm using for my M70. When I get done with it, it should be every bit the motor that the the S70 is and hopefully more.

For those unfamiliar, the S70 was the "M" version of the M70 that BMW put in their 850Csi super coupe. It didn't get near as much exposure as its more famous sibling, the 620-650 BHP, DOHC S70/2 that was in the McLaren F1, but it was still a very nice motor.

I'll be looking for 375-425 BHP out of my M70, which compares favorably with the S70's output of 380 BHP.

Possibly the rarest of all is the S70/1 motor which was the 1st generation of the DOHC, 48 valve V12, which BMW put into a prototype M8 car, and which they now claim never existed.

it wouldnt be hard to make well over 500 BHP with the M70. as you said, the S70 series is just a higher performance version, made by BMW. that proves that it can take some heavy HP if its in one of the most famous super exotics to date.

i don't have a v12 but i do have a gt40 but with a 1uz v8. originally i tried a 4.6 mod ford dohc v8. way too big. the 1uz is coupled to a g50 porsche. would love to have a v12. am going to look into the 1gz. otherwise i am going to build a 3uz. install sleeves, FI, flat plane crankshaft, new rods, new pistons, etc. looking for a core now.

:drive:I want a ride. I almost bought a Pantera (which wasn't in too bad of shape) when I was 18. But I was building a 56 Ford F-150 drag truck which I had to finish instead. GT40 is on my top 3 cars list. Exotic cars deserve exotic engines. The v12 sounds like an ideal engine for such a car unless you build a high rpm 3UZ which would be awesome.

update: ok not exotic.. how about rare. the GT40 dominated no doubt.

i don't have a v12 but i do have a gt40 but with a 1uz v8. originally i tried a 4.6 mod ford dohc v8. way too big. the 1uz is coupled to a g50 porsche. would love to have a v12. am going to look into the 1gz. otherwise i am going to build a 3uz. install sleeves, FI, flat plane crankshaft, new rods, new pistons, etc. looking for a core now.

a flat plane 3UZ wouldnt last long. it would vibrate itself to death. the new Ferrari V8 is enginnered with balance shafts like a (flat plane) 4 cylinder engine. and so are the new F1 V8s.

i wouldn't consider a GT40 to be exotic. powerful yes, but exotic no. after all, it is a domestic design.

I guess if a GT40 isn't exotic in the US that would mean a Lamborghini isn't an exotic in Italy. Perhaps Italians view Ford Thunderbirds as exotic?

You find me another car with the history of the GT40, or it's pedigree. It may be a Ford but it was developed in the UK for Ford.

About the only ford parts in it is the engine block and the ford badges.

nobody makes replicas of brand new Lamborghinis do they? you see my point now? the GT40 used to be exotic, but its had way to many replicar redisgns. and one even has a Duratec L4. ick. its cool, but like a muscle car, its far from exotic.

I guess having replicas made of your exotic car must bother the manufacturers.

Imagine the Porsche 959, RSK and 917/30 are no longer exotic. They all have replicas of them.

What about Dino, 288GTO, Ferrari, F40 (ther's areplica on this Site!) Ac Cobra, Shelby Daytona and don't forget old Bugattis etc.

I think the people who own the originals quite see it your way Aneama.

In the US I think the Shelby Cobra is replicated more then any other car...I use to see alot of the Ferrari replica's made out of the Pontiac Fiero's...Those were a joke, but I have seen some awesome replica Shelby's...Just my 2 (U.S.) cents, anyway....

Attachments

• DSC03950.JPG
    DSC03950.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 30
  • NZSIMON DSC00010.JPG
    NZSIMON DSC00010.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 29
  • NZSIMON LEX DSC00073.JPG
    NZSIMON LEX DSC00073.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 28
Jibby,

Do you condider an original Shelby Cobra an exotic car?

I'd be interested in your 2c worth.

I know the guys who are paying US$1,000,000+ for original cars must think so.

Zuffen, no I do not consider the Shelby Cobra to be an exotic...I do however consider it to be a classic, rare, and expensive vintage American muscle car....One of the original and most impressive muscle cars from it's time....

Anaema,

Well picked.

I guess you weren't smart enough to figure "fond" should have been "find" but stupid enough to post a reply on it.

At the docks.... going through customs and such.... trust me, i'm the one that's excited, haha....

After it clears for drugs and the usual, it'll be shipped up to sydney (arriving in melb). Then i'll go nuts with my camera for everyone to enjoy.