Blown Head Gasket

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
This is what happen when my car ping for couple of times when my vacuum line was unplug accidentally. Boosted 25 psi and ecu was program at 18 psi. This gasket is from my right side head. U can clearly see the damaged part.

So let me ask you this. is a headgasket replacemnt straightforward? do you just pull the valve covers pull the heads and then lay down the new gaskets?

Hello Morris,

Assuming the heads are still good. You need to remove the upper and lower intake like you were change the starter. You will also need to remove the valve cover, cams, cam gear, timing belt, water bridges. You also need to disconnect the Cats from the headers. Once you do that, you can just lift up the head. Once you lift the head there will be 2-3" space.

From there you can remove the gasket and use high compression air to blow out any water you see. You should also use some brake cleaner to clean out any dirt and so on. Blow it again and double check for debris. Then you can install the new head gasket. Do the same thing to the other side.

NOTE: Make sure you mark your cam gears before removing the timing belt tensioner. Also make sure you turn your engine to the Zero timing mark before starting.