Bit of wiring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gloverman

Heres a few pictures of some bits and pieces I ve been work on over the last little while

First one is a real tidy loom that I stripped the auto section out to use on another job. Backwards I know as Im normally stripping the auto stuff out to use the engine loom but not this time. The left over loom was real tidy as it came off an engine that had done 50000km so I crimped some G4 pins onto the engine loom and pluged up a G4 storm. Not my normal way of doing the job but it was too good to cut up.

Attachments

• G4 link.jpg
    G4 link.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 50
G4 plug in adaptor for soarer

Stock ECU for the air conditioning and the auto control with the G4 storm for the engine control. Plug in adaptor with LINK and plug in replacement main relay and start engine. Instant improvement. Exhaust note changed and throttle response was alot better even on one of my stock 1uz link tunes.
Using the link we didnt need to add any extra temp sensors and shared the stock EFI sensor without an issue(yes there is a trick to doing this). Still have full communication using the scan tool with the stock ECU/ECT to monitor whats going on. Idle speed is done with the link with full reset function with key off just like the factroy unit. Still uses the factroy ECU fuel pump ECU. This could be swapped out for a normal relay now without an issue.
This setup is for a Kiwi living in Oz. So we tested it here. The test car also had a issue so we diagnosed that at the same time. Turned out to be a loose terminal into the ECU. Yes it happened before we touched it. I have done a few more adaptors like this now and my present drive surf will be next. Another great thing is the LINK can be removed and the vehicle returned to standard in a matter of minutes. The LINK can then be used on the next vehicle.

Attachments

• Patch the dog 008.jpg
    Patch the dog 008.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 33
  • Patch the dog 009.jpg
    Patch the dog 009.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 25
  • November 015.jpg
    November 015.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 24
  • November 016.jpg
    November 016.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 17
  • November 023.jpg
    November 023.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 18
  • November 017.jpg
    November 017.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 20
2003 ute with 20 series

Customers 2003 hilux ute. I supplied a kit for his local mechanic and they did the install. Kit included chrome moly flywheel , clutch , mounts header kitset , internal release bearing unit kit , oil filter block and wiring. Looks pretty much like one of ours as the mechanic foolowed the instruction sheets I supplied with the kit. I prewired the loom on the bench then tapped it into the factroy fuses and relay box on the ute. ECU even fits into the stock bracket behind the dash. Drives really nice just like toyota would have wanted.

White Ute in the background has a VVti engine on stock ecu which came up on a trailer from the hawes bay for a few bits and pieces. Pushed off the trailer in the morning , drove onto the trailer in the afternoon.

Attachments

• November 010.jpg
    November 010.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 22
  • November 011.jpg
    November 011.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 18
  • November 012.jpg
    November 012.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 19
  • November 013.jpg
    November 013.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 20
  • November 014.jpg
    November 014.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 20
Jetboat Link

Link loom for a 1uz jetboat. Customer originally inquired about using stock ecu. As the stock ECU mapping isnt really suitable for jetboats we decided to go with a LINK storm. Full new loom with ECU mounted above the LH tappet cover. Relays fitted into the battery box and I cheated by using relays with fuses attached. Aftermarket two Channel ignitor. Factory style toyota air temp sensor works well with the link. Loom was made with new injector plugs with new crimp terminals , new cam and crank sensor plugs.
I also supplied sender units for his gauges along with a warning light and warning buzzer trigger by the link. Customer fitted it up, put the boat into the water, it started and went boating. The wiring is well hidden when its all in the boat. Even with the ECU mounted above the engine it is still running within the correct temp range for the ECU. Boat starts and idles from cold and uses half the fuel of his mates Chev powered boats and while he cant pass the chev powered boats they also cant get away from him which upsets his mates a bit.

Attachments

• November 028.jpg
    November 028.jpg
    199.3 KB · Views: 17
  • November 030.jpg
    November 030.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 11
  • November 032.jpg
    November 032.jpg
    191.1 KB · Views: 10
  • November 035.jpg
    November 035.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 12
  • November 039.jpg
    November 039.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 14
  • November 043.jpg
    November 043.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 13
  • November 045.jpg
    November 045.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 17
  • November 046.jpg
    November 046.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 12
Good work.

Any Idea where I can purchase some new injector plugs?
I have a Spitronics ECU to wire up on one engine, but I don't really want to chop the plugs off a perfectly good VVTi harness.

I can source a secondhand engine harness, but some new plugs would be nice.

I stock new injector plugs , new cam angle(same as VVti including the VVti cam sensors) plugs, new crank angle plugs, new early coil plugs and the later small 3uz style plugs. I fit a bosch two pin EFI sensor when wiring with new plug. I try and use as many new plugs as possible.

Mitsi L400 Delica

This is a customers L400 4x4 van. He was a very clever engineer. He did his planning on the job but didnt could on the auto sparkies not being able to wire it correctly. The Mitsi 4x4 box from the diesel was used by swapping the front pump and torque converter. The mitsi ran a separate ECT to control it.
The first sparkie then tried to wire it. He got it running but the shifts were wrong. The customer worked out that the TPS span was wrong between the toyota and mitsi spans so he made up the additional unit with the correct ratio. The machining is awesome.
The next sparkie then had a go and still couldnt make it run right. The owner of the vehicle set about the drive up which took alot longer than it should. Some hills he could only go 30km/h and after a peroid of driving he would have to stop , turn the vehicle off and start again to reset the ecu.
Didnt take long to find it was a 20 series engine wired with 10 series diagrams so it was never going to run correctly. A day of rewiring and it ran like it should. When it arrived it idled at about 850rpm and tended to stall. When finished it idled at about 600 and no chance of stalling. Customer noticed the improvment backing out of the shop. A really good way to bring an older vehicle back to life and I think it is better than some of these modern common rail exploding diesels.

Attachments

• Patch the dog 160.jpg
    Patch the dog 160.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Patch the dog 161.jpg
    Patch the dog 161.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 27
  • Patch the dog 162.jpg
    Patch the dog 162.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Patch the dog 163.jpg
    Patch the dog 163.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Patch the dog 166.jpg
    Patch the dog 166.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Patch the dog 165.jpg
    Patch the dog 165.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 26
Cool as. I have just got in early 1uz coil plugs which is a common one which is cracked. Doesnt help you with the early VVti rounded coil plugs but I have most of the others. I often have the later rectangle VVti coil plugs though. The plugs cost a few dollars but in the overall cost of the job they are nothing and from my point of veiw when I charging to make a loom the labour is reduced as its much quicker to crimp terminals and fit new plugs than to stuff around with finding and soldering in secondhand ones. My looms are still the same price but have new plugs and are much more satisyfing to make and sell.