Automatic transmission from MA70 and 1UZFE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Peter Hähnel

hello together,

my name is peter , i´m from germany. i´m very interested in swapping the 1uzfe engine in my ´92 mk3 .....

can anybody tell me if my automatic transmission (A340E) will fit to the engine ? can i use the bellhousing from the lexus ????

i hope i will be the first in germany who brings those parts together ....

greetings from the german toyota supra group ....

best regards , peter

www.toyota-supra.de
www.supra4ever.de

Peter Hähnel said:
hello together,

can anybody tell me if my automatic transmission (A340E) will fit to the engine ? can i use the bellhousing from the lexus ????
www.toyota-supra.de
www.supra4ever.de

The bell housing will be OK but the transmission input shaft is different I think. The V8 auto has a courser spline shaft from memory. Do you plan to use the V8 torque converter from the A340E.

Tell us what your plans in more detail and everyone here can help you out more easily. Good luck.

thanks a lot for the quick answer !!!!!

so, what i have is a 1992 supra mk3 with the 7mgte engine and the a340e transmission.

i read a lot about swapping .... but have enough questions ....:veryhappy

might be cool if somebody could give me a "shopping-list" of things i HAVE to buy ... so i can look for these stuff.

i also need informations about the wiring ...

i´m still searching the threads ... but its so much information ...

hope i got it together this summer ... in september there is our great toyota meeting at the nuerburgring in germany .....

It would be a lot easier to use the transmission which comes with the motor.
The v8 transmission has different ratios, clutches, torque converter, valve body, electronics , output shaft, extension housing, spedo drive, driveshaft and mounts. Possibly you can change over the a340e output shaft , extension housing and speedo drive to the a341e although you would have to fit the speed sensor and rotor from the a341e to the a340e parts you have swapped in.

madmont said:
It would be a lot easier to use the transmission which comes with the motor.
yeah i should think so, then the list might be as short as driveshaft and gearbox crossmember modifications. (on the transmission side of things anyway)

then you might be able to get to the nuerburgring in time to get pelted with eggs for driving an auto supra :p

Attachments

• engine.jpg
    engine.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 0
  • frontside.jpg
    frontside.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 0
  • seats.jpg
    seats.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 0
okay, i see ... engine WITH transmission .

and the other stuff ... soarer enginemounts , at the crossmember custom made , no prob.

what about the wiring INSIDE the car. i remember 4-5 plugs which are at the original wiring loom and comes to the cars electric .....

These transmissions are actually used in a lot of vehicles including Jeep, Mitsubishi, some Volvo, but as mentioned the variables run such that you will have issues if parts are swapped around to try and adapt things.
Maybe the mounts will bolt right up though?