Soarer V8 automatic to manual transmission

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

RipperDoc

Hi guys this my first post, one of many no doubt.

I want to know if it is possible to replace the automatic transmission in a V8 Soarer with a manual one and if its been done.

If so want parts are required to carry this out and can the parts be bought off the shelf or are we talking about getting custom parts fabricated.

Doc,

It's been done heaps of times.

Do a search on this Site in the drivetrain area.

There are 3 suppliers of bellhousings CRS, Dellow and a mob in NZ.

Some are more complete than others but do a Websearch under "1UZ-FE trans adaptor" or simillar.

There's plenty of information out there.

I don't think the NZ mob do R154 to 1UZ bellhousings, I think they only do W58 ones.
And I wouldn't be using a W58 in a Z3 Soarer

Basically you'll need a JZZ30 auto to manual conversion kit.
Australian Importers have them for around the $2400AUD mark.
It has gearbox (R154 to suit Z3 Soarer), flywheel (suit 1JZ), clutch, clutch pedal, brake pedal, lines, master cyl, slave cyl, and usually the tailshaft.

Then you sell the 1JZ/R154 bellhousing, and the 1JZ flywheel, and get the custom ones from Australia.

The R154 from the MA70 Supra does not have the correct shifter position.
I've heard the JZX100 Chaser R154 has the same shifter as the Z3 Soarers, but I've never seen side-by-side comparison.

If I was doing this in Aus, I'd be budgeting about $4000AUD, and I'd expect to have some change, depending on whether I got a new clutch, or if I could use the clutch that came with the kit.
You will obviously have more freight costs than I would.

Yeah you can get the R series and W series gearbox adaptors in new zealand, but you can also get a full bellhousing for a 1UZ to W series. There is a post on here from the guy with the bell housings and they cost $690.00(NZD).

I have a W58 in my V8 Soarer and it's been trouble free and smooth for the last 12 months. I won't be turbo or supercharging so I don't expect to have any issues but you might as well go for the stronger box if you can.

If you follow what Peewee said you shouldn't have any problems.

Hey Guys,
I just bought a soarer 92 turbo was wondering if you know anything about converting it to manual transmission. Saw the stuff on V8's. Anyone got approx prices?

Soarer Turbo?? That would be the 2JZ model i think...So you would need either a R154 or W58-57-55 with a J series gearbox (i cant recall what the shifter position needs to be). There are a couple of clutch set ups the push pull type and the standard push type, depending on your box and what kinda driving you plan on doing. Here in NZ you could pick up something for about $2500 but then you still would have to buy a peddle box and modify your interior to suit. Thats about all i remember about the 1-2jz gearbox stuff....i hope it helps.