Auto Gearbox Speed sensor

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

rixrunner

Hi,

I am doing a 1uz engine convertion with a lexus auto gearbox to my Toyota 4runner.

I am having a few issues with the rear speed/output shaft sensor when I am relocating it to my 4wd transfercase.

Does anybody know what the optimum distance is between the the tip of the sensor and the pickup on the output shaft of the gearbox.

The sensor is the 4 pulse kind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

I am doing a 1uz engine convertion with a lexus auto gearbox to my Toyota 4runner.

I am having a few issues with the rear speed/output shaft sensor when I am relocating it to my 4wd transfercase.

Does anybody know what the optimum distance is between the the tip of the sensor and the pickup on the output shaft of the gearbox.

The sensor is the 4 pulse kind.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume you mean the the sensor that you have to fit to the transfercase adapter after enlarging the hole?
It's 3mm.

I made up a spacer to sit the speed sensor out a little from the transfer case housing. From memory it was about 1.5 mm thick and this gave about a 1mm gap between the sensor and the pickup. The important thing is that they should obviously not touch, but no-one seemed to be able to give me a definite gap measurement. Too much will mean no sensing and it was easy to measure with a multimeter to make sure the thing was actually working. A 3mm gap sounds a little much to me.
Ric

Thanks for the replies.

I guess the trick is to get it as close as possible without hitting (1-1.5mm)and test it with a multimeter.

As long as there is a signal..... all should be good.

Thanks again :D

If it's too hard u can always fit external sensor on tailshaft
Very easy if tailshaft has four bolts
Just not practical on 4wd

We now have inductive speed sensors that screw onto where
Your speedo cable goes
Only prob is u need to use a signal box to adjust the signals so
The ecu gets correct speed otherwise it won't change gears at right time
But saves stuffing round with fitting the sensor on transfer case