Auto 1uz tranny

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

1uzfesupra

I am going to put the auto tranny in my 82 supra. I dont have abs and I dont have the other sensor needed to make the tranny shift right. is there a way to bypass the 2 sensors needed but still get it to have the correct shift points? I didnt want to have to shift it manually.
mark

Hi, we never finished our PM's on CS.com, but thats because you confused the hell out of me so I gave up.

On the STOCK MA61 setup, there is a sensor in the back of the gbox, and one in the back of the dash (you have an '82, so maybe the A43DL? If its the A43DE then its the same setup as the 1UZ tranny).
Now providing everything is working the sensor in the back of the tranny talks directly to the ECT ECU.
Now if the speedo cable is hooked up then that operates the sensor in the back of the dash.
This sensor also goes to the ECT ECU (as well as the cruise control ecu and the SPD input on the ECU).

This is identical to how you will hook up the 1UZ one.

What you may find is that the 1uz autobox you have does not have provision to screw in your speedo cable.
What you will need to do is purchase an MX83 Cressida A340E that does have provision to screw in the speedo cable.
You may need to swap the output shaft on the 1UZ auto for the output shaft on the Cressida auto.

You will then need to make sure that you use the same type of sensor for the rear speed sensor.
Some are 3 wire, some are 2 wire. What ever the 1uz ecu wants you need to give it.
I had to adapt a 2 wire sensor to my box, which only had provision to bolt on the 3 wire sensor.

Once you have the rear speed sensor bolted on, and a place for the speedo cable to screw in, you just need to wire the sensor in the back of the dash to the 1uz ecu.

And bingo, done.

If that doesn't make sense to you, and you don't currently have the 1uz parts in your possesion, just bookmark this page, and wait until you have everything in front of you, and then reread this page, and try to understand it.

I guarentee you its possible without too many hassles to get everything working perfectly.

this makes sense. What doesnt is I currently have a 5 speed w58 tranny in my supra. so I assume I need to get the parts for an automatic supra to do what you are sugesting. In previous posts I mentiond I have a 5 speed. But thank you it now makes sense. I think what I am going to do is get the dash components out of a celica since it used a 4cyl tach. ect never came on any 5speed.
mark

Ok now I feel Retarded!! You are right!! I am not sure if I have a sensor But being that my year should have came with one. I was under the impression I didnt have a speed sensor. I am so use to cars without them that I have dealt with. when I start the swap I will check it then. Sorry I was such an idiot.
mark

Every MA61 (and most likely RA60/RA65 Celica) will have the speed sensor built in to the dash cluster.
Its there for the cruise control, and the progressive powere steering (if you have that).

The early xA4x series Supras/Celica's may not have this output, I've never played with one so I don't know.

The parts you'll need from an auto Supra (if you don't want to make the V8 manual) is obviously the brake pedal, the shifter setup, and maybe the gearbox crossmember.
I don't think any other parts will be useful to you.

And yes, as a manual you will not currently have any ECT wires or ecu.
But thats fine, as the 1uz loom will have all that.
You will just need to give the 1uz ecu an O/D off input, a PWR input, an SPD input, and a BRAKE input.