Audi's new 500hp deisel V12 car engine...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Neat engine. Stock boost is 37psi and max torque is made at 1800rpm's... gotta love diesels.

I was just reading and thought it was noteworthy; the Q7 is AWD.... Fun, Fun, Fun!

740 torque is really juicey... That is power.... I've been breaking stuff on my SC400 at around 500 torque and I can only imagine 750 torque would be like with traction control combined with AWD...... HOLD ON TIGHT and change your diaper afterwards.....

This motor probably gets better gas mileage than a 1uz-fe N/A too..

how is 37psi normal?

The compression Ratio is low for a diesel but the entire engine is made from super light weight components, this give good power but normally a short life span

I have watched them race in American Lemans, they are one of the fastest cars racing, most economical and reliability seems good...
We fitted a new Cat V8 turbo to my brothers charter boat.. Being a charter boat everything needs to be de-tuned for safety.. To drop power from 400 fwhp to 300fwhp the boost was cut back to 22Lb and injector pump modified for marine application.. It requires fuel in upper rpm where in a truck fuel is required at low rpm where most its load is.. If not changed they smoke real bad at trawling speeds, can glase bores if not changed...
Boost in this engine as we got it was around 28Lb or so...

Did you put the D3408DITA in your brother's boat? I have some fond memories of that little motor.

My favorite was the D3412DITA. What a sweet little screamer, and much smoother running at 1800 RPM than its bigger brother the D3512 at 1200.

Huh TDI system new?

you mean you've never heard of the TDI system in the USA?
We have that over here for years allraedy, the only addition this system has over the olde TDI technology is that it no longer relys on the PumpeDuse(cam controlled), but on piezo ECU controlled injectors in 7 injection pulses per combustion.

the power output is not that impresive for such an engine btw, I'm pretty sure that when the first Chip gets made over here it'll be over 600. It's a good achievement but for the tuning company's the potential for these sorts of diesels is IMENSE compared to modern petrols.

we have various diesel cup's in holland and one of the is led by a fellow that's a memeber at the dutch kitcarclub (my place) they run a 1.9L 4cyl TDI engien running older pumpeduse system and they allready made 386hp and 590nm of torquem (stock turbo per reg), the engine survives this for quite some time. on the DO/Dare drag events in that applic they have been reported to do over 700hp before overfuel smoke is visible.

the first street legal Westfield 7 with a 2L Vag TDI is being build as we speak and will be raced in the new colling chapman racing series if all goes well and it's allowed to run.

'Yesterday I was at the proffesional motorsport World Expo in Keulen Germany, and on the ricardo or Bosch (can't remember) stand was the Audi Vag R10 V12 TDI that won le-mans the past 2 years, I'll post a piccie tommorowm, Now that's a diesel!

Grtz Thomas

Striker, you don't seem that impressed... Sounds like you are around some nice Diesels...

I've just recently began to appreciate some of the Diesel motors and cars. Yeah, I've never heard of the TDI systems over here in the States...but then again I haven't lived and breathed diesel engines either...

No he's just from Europe.... we've been doing Diesels way better than you guys for a very long time.....

Check out the VW Touareg:

Pferdestärken* 224 Engine cubic capacity 4921 Fuel Consumption
Urban 16.0mpg - 17.7l/100km Extra-urban 29.4mpg - 9.6l/100km Combined 22.4mpg - 12.6l/100km Engine emissions 346g/km Engine noise levels 74.0dB Engine maximum Speed** 143mph - 231km/h Engine acceleration 0-62mph 7.4secs Maximum output PS 224 at RPM 3750 Maximum torque 554 lbs.ft / 750 Nm at RPM 2000 Insurance group rating 19
No quite as impressive but I've raced on of these and it utterly destroyed me.

I've toyed/still toying with the idea of just going with the RCR SL Roadster for my first quick kit car project to ease me into it and using a chipped 2.0 TDi engine from the Mk5 Golf:

Pferdestärken* 170 Engine cubic capacity 1968 Fuel Consumption
Urban 36.2mpg - 7.8l/100km Extra-urban 58.9mpg - 4.8l/100km Combined 47.9mpg - 5.9l/100km Engine emissions 156g/km Engine noise levels 73.0dB Engine maximum Speed** 137mph - 220km/h Engine acceleration 0-62mph 8.2secs Maximum output PS 170 at RPM 4200 Maximum torque 258 lbs.ft / 350 Nm at RPM 2000

Chipped i think it puts out around 300 lbs.ft of torque, thats twice that of a stock Honda Civic Type-R engine which the Ariel Atom 2 uses..... okay they then supercharge it and produce around 300bhp but I think it still only puts out around 200-250 lbs.ft of torque..... so going by what a Atom 2 Supercharged can do....then adding 50 lbs.ft of torque on top of that.... I think it will be devastating, that and it will probably still do 50mpg :D

Attachments

• Parts washer.JPG
    Parts washer.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Parts washer rack.JPG
    Parts washer rack.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 4
That saying, looking at those stats I bet even a chipped version of that golf engine, in something that weighs probably around almost a half/third of the weight I bet it would probably do around 80mpg on the motorway :D

Well being that this version will pass emissions here in the US so I guess that does make it somewhat new. Newer Diesels are the best when it comes to making cheap HP and torque. I have a Duramax and with just a chip and a few BPU's it makes well over 800 lb's of torque. Off the line it takes off like nothing I've ever driven. It will even beat really fast cars if they think that they will win easy. I love the look on their face even more if their windows are down (lots of black smoke)

1992, What exactly is a Duramax? Yeah, off the line bolts are common with high torque output engines...What do they say? Torque wins races or something to that effect..

I really am just familiar with the big truck Diesel here in the states..We have a huge Ford Expedition Diesel in the family which I really like... It's a beast that gets good gas mileage...When using Bio Diesel fuel it's almost free to cruise on...

Just now looking at the performance Diesel motors that are boosted..I never knew they had this kinda potention... I beginning to be a believer in the Diesels...

Duramax are the diesels that come in the GM trucks,like fords have powerstrokes, and Dodge has the Cumins. Talk about gobs of towing power.

I absolutely love the Cummins. My dad has one (the 24-valve 5.9). Some 500+ lb ft. of torque under 1500 rpm's..... Not to mention the untapped potential of it. Even the high end doesn't suffer. Burying the pedal from 60 mph can get you to 100 in a matter of seconds. Not much over that though due to stock gearing.

Just upping the the boost/fuel pressure can get these trucks running 11's on the 1/4.

Did you put the D3408DITA in your brother's boat? I have some fond memories of that little motor.

My favorite was the D3412DITA. What a sweet little screamer, and much smoother running at 1800 RPM than its bigger brother the D3512 at 1200.
Not too sure ? The old one was N/a and as old as the hills.. The reason it was being replaced ??? The oil pan had "rusted" through..
Going by the hours it had done, converting to miles ity would have done well over a million miles...
The new engine was a marine type.. The turbine looked MASSIVE. Till I realised the whole turbine housing is water cooled..
The old engine just managed 15 Knots while the new turbo crused at 25 knots and used 1/2 as much fuel...Diesel V8's still sound nice too....