ARP con rod bolts available now!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Red Supra

I sent one of my 1uz con rod in to ARP early this month. Talked to one of their tech's today and he said that Chevy LS1 rod bolts are a direct fit, short of being a tiny bit longer. The tech guy said it does not affect the performance of the fastner in any way. I don't believe there is a clearance issue with the bolt being a bit longer. They are available in 8740 chromoly and ARP2000 material. The ARP2000 is about 8USD a bolt. You can buy them in pairs or as a set.

ARP2000 LS1 complete set part#234-6301| pair part#234-6321
8740 chromoly LS1 complete set part#134-6006 | pair part#134-6026

Max

If you get aftermarket rods you won't need the rod bolts. Stock rods should be good to 1000 crank hp or more. With the arp2000 bolts i'm going to fnd out!

Update

The rod bolts finally came, each weights in .5 gram over stock.
Below are some specs:
Stock length:1.790"
ARP2000 lenght:1.853"

Stock head diameter:1.613"
ARP2000 head diameter:1.572"

Stock main body diameter:1.284"
ARP2000 bolt main body diameter:1.304"

Stock shoulder diameter: 1.332"
ARP2000 shoulder diameter: 1.352"

Stock shoulder lenght: 1.155"
ARP2000 shoulder lenght: 1.260"

Stock threaded length: 1.529"
ARP2000 threaded length: 1.759

rodbolta.JPG

rodboltb.JPG

rodboltc.JPG

rodboltd.JPG

I had a look at a standard chev ls1 rod and the bolts have a funny sized head. common spanners wont fit them as they are in between nornal metric and imperial spanner sizes. The guy ended up using a metrinch socket or spanner to undo them as those buggers will undo anything that is the wrong size or damaged. I wonder if the ARP ones fit a normal spanner?

If you cut that last little bit off, you wont compromise the strength of the bolt right? Because im sure the bolt is heat treated, the added heat of cutting wont affect it even the slightest bit? When your going for 1000 HP, every tiny bit counts...

sniper said:
If you cut that last little bit off, you wont compromise the strength of the bolt right? Because im sure the bolt is heat treated, the added heat of cutting wont affect it even the slightest bit? When your going for 1000 HP, every tiny bit counts...
I wouldn't touch them. Cutting may induce a weakness and who's to say you will get all the weights exactly right across 16 bolts?

skid said:
I wouldn't touch them. Cutting may induce a weakness and who's to say you will get all the weights exactly right across 16 bolts?

Ya, i was thinking the same thing. The extra weight is worth it i guess.