Aristo TT.Advice needed please engine stalling problem

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

chips229

Hi all..

Sorry to gate crash the V8 forum,the other forum you list on the main start page is not up and running yet...

I really am stuck at the moment,hoping you guys might be able to help?

Ive not long bought a Toyota Aristo twin turbo auto,ive put me LS 400 up for sale...
This Aristo is the mk1,1991 model,im told its the same engine as the Toyota RZ TT Supra...
When you start the engine from cold,the car starts fine and runs lovely,gets up to temperture still runs fine,until you switch the engine off(engines warmed up)
So everythings ok until the engines restarted,say the cars been left from say 5 to 30 mins,and you restart the engine,it always starts fine,but the rpm slowly falls away until after time it stalls.Sometimes it smells of petrol as though its over fueling.Well the rpms falling,if you feather the throttle the engine drops rpm faster and stalls.
Ive took a sensor off and cleaned it up,the sensor lives near the bulk head of the engine,im told its the idle control valve,theres two small water pipes connected to the sensor underneath,i was told to take it off and wash it out with petrol.Ive done that,the car runs for abit longer now before cutting out,but the problems still there.
Im just really stuck trying to get the car running right...
Ive had a price from me local lexus dealer here in the uk for a new sensor...
Wait for it £473!!!!

Cheers Chips.

You could try having your TPS checked out as well. In case you don't know thats the Throttle Position Sensor.
Also you could try supraforums.com to see if there's an answer there for you.

Hey Chips

I had the exact same problem with my 1UZ. After much investigation by the so called experts it turned out to be a faulty fuel pressure regulator. Install a gauge before the regulator and check pressure.

Brett

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replys guys.
I will find out a price for the fuel pressure sensor..
and try that first...i will let you know how i get on...
Anyone want to buy a LS 400?

Lexus want £86+VAT for the fuel pressure regulator.Can anyone tell me what the fuel pressure should be reading if i get it tested,my local lexus dealer say they dont know.