Are there any Blower Intercoolers developed?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

miwise

The more I think about it, the more I want to go with a supercharger setup. It has a lot of advantages for my own needs. . .
1. even power distrobution
2. easier to find parts for
3. Easier to mount/bolt on power
4. more reasonably priced

Now, the only drawbacks I see are
1. the boost is limited b/c of possible pulley slippage and belt breakage
2. intercooling is not as straight forward and thereby more complicated

The first drawback isn't an issue for me b/c I'm not interested in post 500 hp performance. I'd be happy with an extra 100 to 150 hp at the wheels. I think this can be done with the supercharger, but my only concern is the hot air flowing into the engine. I live in Louisiana, a hot and humid state, and I think I'm going to want some cooling of the air going into the engine. This is done intrinsically with the turbo, but the blower/supercharger seems harder to accomplish this with. How can I get intercooling with a top mounted blower such as the eaton m90 or the Opcon Twin Screw Blowers? I like the top mount idea b/c it makes use of wasted space in the engine bay where I'd have to make room for a turbo or a front mount supercharger (like the vortech) whereever I decide to mount them. Anyone have some suggestions? I want the least heat flowing to the engine as possible in case I decide to drive the car through 140 degree heat in which case we are talking about some major detonation issues I would think unless I lower compression ratio (not planning on doing this).

BTW, I was considering one of the mercedes benz style superchargers that have the clutch so it can be engaged or disengaged.

you could use water injection. its been proven to reduce intake temps in a eaton supercharged NSX. it would probly be the most space effective solution in terms on the engine bay. as for cooling, electric fans and some Redline Water Wetter may help(or the equivalent product, like Royal Purple's Purple Ice).

If you want to turn a supercharger on off you will have fun setting a program in the ECU.

Best solution is an Opcon with its own belt drive and use water/meth injection.

I have the above set up (not running yet too lazy!) all supplied by Richwood Technologies complete with drive pulley, belt and tensioner.

This would all fit under an SC/Soarer bonnet/hood.

Eatons will heat the intake air more than the Opcon and the best Eaton is the M112 for size.

For an additional 150RWHP you need to go with an aftermarket ECU.

I saw your setup and it looked nice, but complicated to get to the original belt. Do I really need a dedicated belt for it? Is the reason to reduce slippage? I'd like to keep it as simple and as clean (low clutter) looking as possible. I was looking at the opcon on rich technologies homesite. I plan on purchasing their manifold and supercharging kit, but they didn't have a price on the opcon. It will be a few months before I go with that, though. I will buy their headers w/in the next month b/c I'm having my exhaust system redone within the next month. I'm in on the group purchase for the ecu by Adaptronic (also saw this on rich technologies homepage). I may even buy a transmission ecu so I can completely eliminate the factory ecu. I could also go with a newer transmission (5, 6 or 8 speed from the new lexus maybe? Just a thought) with lower milage on it. Mine kinda clunks into 3rd. Very irritating when 1, 2, and 4 are smooth. Anyways I've looked at the eaton 112. I saw one on ebay for a new cadillac that said it was intercooled. It was on sale for 850 dollars. I'm going to look into the water/meth injection for the intake. I'm sure richtechnologies can offer assistance in that area when I buy the stuff. If the opcon is too expensive, I'll have to go with an eaton probably. I just don't want to badger the people at richtechnologies until I'm ready to buy.

If you want to turn a supercharger on off you will have fun setting a program in the ECU.

For an additional 150RWHP you need to go with an aftermarket ECU.

Would the adaptronic ecu do the on off thing? Can it be set for normal and power mode based on a switch setting (the console mounted ECT transmission switch) through the adaptronic ecu you think?

Attachments

• 110-1003_IMG.JPG
    110-1003_IMG.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 8