Anyone have experience using the MAP ECU unit?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zhagg

I posted some things a LONG time ago about a planned SC400 turbo project. I have since changed my mind and decided to go with a GS400 instead. Still 1uz though!

Unfortunately, the project isn't due to begin until next year...
My goal is to acquire the car at the end of this year and begine building it for next summer...

I plan to fab a single turbo setup, and manual conversion. I know its a bit early to be planning it all out, but I want everything to be laid out before the project begins...
I have been able to find a lot of useful info here and hope to keep everyone updated as things progress...

Has anyone used the MAP ECU? http://www.performancemotorresearch.co.nz/index.html

I know that some folks on the forum are aware of the product, but does anyone have experience with it on this engine?

Sounds like a cool way to fight the higher altitude there in SLC. I don't have any experience with that unit, but am using a similar unit from Unichip that works fine with the factory ecu in all ways.
I don't know how much power you're planning, but I would imagine that there may be a limit to how far you can go without using extra injectors

according to MAP ECU folks, you have complete control of the fuel maps... couldn't I just put in larger injectors? I'm not sure what my "goal" HP is, but it would be neato to be pushing near 600 HP... It sounds like that value is an actual, attainable number on mildly modded 1uz...

I would imagine that the injectors required to produce that much power would not idle even when adjusted down with the ecu.
You could still manage decent power, maybe 440, or so, with lots of torque, trans won't take much more than that either. Would likely still pass smog testing too.
I believe that more power would take MUCH more preparation and $$ to acheive.
It sounds like a good plan, simple, effective, keep the factory ecu to keep many things on the car working.
I wonder if the cars that sell to the SLC area are tuned to run at the high altitude? Probably not, and I'd bet that MAP ecu would probably make a nice difference even without a turbo by leaning the mixture out a bit at high revs.