Any supercharger manifold cnc files out there?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fusioncses

Hello all,

I'm a new member but long time troll. I just picked up a 1995 SC400 and love it, but wish it had more power. I've been in cars a long time and have several running projects, built a number of turbo cars (mostly rice burners) and have a good deal of general car knowledge.

I've got a nice little m90 sitting on the shelf, so naturally I started looking into what it would take to bolt it atop my 1uzfe... does not look like there are a lot of options though with respect to manifolds. I know about bullet and I've seen a few home brews, but I would rather a different route.

I have a friend with a 3-axis HAAS and was wondering if anyone had taken the time to draw a manifold up. If anyone out there has anything along these line, hit me up. :)

Thanks,
dp

i very much doubt a 3 axis machine could cope with a supercharger manifold.
plus have you any idea of the cost of the billet needed ?
you would be cheaper buying a bullet manifold

DP,

I am designing up one in Solidworks for a M112 Eaton on my car now. I have several 3 axis HAAS machines and a 4th as well. But none of these will machine up a manifold like Bullets. There are some edges and ports required that would be difficult to properly make in a 5 axis machine and it would take an expensive fixture and some expensive tools.

I also have a laser am right now the one I am working on will make several small parts mostly out of 3/16 and 1/8 aluminum. Then it will be welded up.

I assume you want to keep this under the hood.

Jake

Yeah, I figured the 3 axis would not be able to one piece it. I don't mind dusting off the tig though. Also, he has a plasma table, so I could just cut flanges and weld some tubes to a machined plenum. In either case, I doubt that the aluminum stock will be anywhere close to $2-3k, so a bullet manifold seems like a much more expensive route.

I'm not looking to spend a gazillion dollars to make a near 20 year old car slightly faster. If I can't get this done inexpensively, I'd rather put the money and effort into one of my other projects. Love my sc, but it just needs a bit more grunt.

Thanks,
dp

I program cnc's and have my own file. It definately needs to be done on a 4th axis machine. also plasma would not be be helpfull because you need holes going in at a angle to the primary plane. and then compounded angle holes for the injectors

Hmm, never considered the plane angle. So, what about multiple pieces from the 3 axis then hand assembled? Still seems like it would not be able to make the compounded angles... Just trying to make something work. Other option... Anybody in the US making non-vvti 1uz sc manifolds?

my other thought was to hack up a lower and fab a plenum. I'm relatively new to cnc, always been more of a fab guy, but this project seemed like it would be better machined...

Next idea... a block of aluminum and a hand file? :D

dp

The most economical option to put that M90 on is to use the stock lower manifold bottom (only keep the legs) and fab up some plates to make it into a complete manifold. The 2nd option is to buy a used centrifugal supercharger and put on the fish supercharger bracket made by Lextreme. For low boost, there's no need for intercooler nor additional piping.

I looked at the other thread, not too bad. Looks like at one point he was selling them as a kit for a reasonable price.

4U2, you plan on selling these things when you finish? In any case, looks like I'll have to go digging at the local junk yard for some 1uz's.

dp

So does anyone have CNC files for a m90 manifold? I have a buddy that works in a machine shop that can do it but I'm getting a quote from him on materials and how much is involved.

im buying an m112 manifold from lp1 when i go back to work, i could get the faro arm to take all the points on it needed to machine it, but im telling you its going to be FAAAAAAR more expensive than buying one already done

I was not going to say anything on this thread but ruishy just hit on it. I am doing a M112 manifold but I have a couple of special requirements that keep me from buying the Bullet manifold. I have everything dimensioned and about 50% of it into Solidworks already. But just getting all the proper datum points and making all the measurements I bet I have 4 hours or more of work already. I have about 2 hours worth of Solidworks time into it. I am not even half way down. If I could use the Bullet manifold and kit I would be saving a lot of money. Would be doing it in a second. And I have a full CNC sheet metal and machine shop at my fingertips.

Jake

Thanks for the info guys I'll tell my buddy to scrap the idea then. I figured it'll be just plugging in dimensions and letting the machines do the work but what do I know I have zero machining work. LOL!

From time to time they do. Take a look around for other Lexus forums as well. I have bought various engine parts from some of the other Lexus websites. Sorry David I am not cheating just stepping out a little.

Jake

If you have both the skill and a welder that can weld aluminum then you can do all the machineing on a bridgeport manual mill with a 3 axis DRO. When I made my supercharger manifold I used a bridgeport with a 2 axis CNC conversion to save some time but if you are good at math then a manual machine will work fine. I took the lower section of a stock manifold and made a good sturdy fixture plate that the manifold bloted to the same was as it does onto the engine. I saw cut the manifold down to where the runners cross and machined it flat. Then milled maching holes into a piece of 1/2" 6160 and welded it to the runners to make the bottom plate. Then cut pieces of 1.5" by 1/2" 6160 and welded them around the outside of the bottom plate and milled them true to form the sides. Then drilled and taped 45+ 1/4-20 holes in to the edge of the side plates and then drilled the same hole pattern into a seconed piece of 1/2" plate to form the top plate. After that just machine the top plate for what ever supercharger you want and trim of any extra plate. I went and ported out the runners for better flow and have been useing it for around 3 years now. Plus if you ever change to a diffrent supercharger you only need to fab a new top plate.