Any special plans for this July 4?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

stevechumo

Folks,
Do any of you have any plans for this July 4? I mean personal plans just out of my curiosity. I went fishing again last night at a lake and caught several catfish. And so I plan to go again tomorrow from around noon to 2 a.m. That's my vacation plan for this July 4. To me, there's nothing better than being outdoor in the summer. ***I guess this plan is for the U.S. folks only. :usa2:

Couple of Aussies and I are going to have a few Foster's and Budweisers and celebrate our respective countrys' independence from mother England.

Might also replay yesterdays World Cup match where England threw away their chances to PORTUGAL on penalty kicks!..... A French buddy will probably join us to celebrate France kicking Brazil's backsides out of the semi's, and I'm really looking forward to France handing Portugal their derrieres on the 5th and matching up to Germany on the 8th for the final.

I didn't know you guys also celebrate from being independent from England. Colonial period is over...

I, too had 2 Budweiser Selects (the new type) last night at a lake while fishing:trink26:. I wished I should have brought more. I caught 7 catfish but lost 1 big one in the under-water-bush. Damn! That big one took 3 baits from 3 different poles and ran straight to the bush. What a smart guy! I don't know if he can survive or not.

Yep! France kicked Brazil's butts. It surprised many of us, including the betters. France and Portugal...Ummh, I don't know. We'll see. It's tough for the whole cup because many good teams kicking and eliminating each other before the finals. I'd like to see good teams kicking bad teams, so at finals, it'll be better to watch.

I am giong to blast off a bunch of illegal fireworks with a few friends that I brought up from Mexico a while back, and the good ones too, m1000 and what not... Then probably will go see the big firework show at Dodger Stadium or something......

Damn Steve 2:00Am...... You really do like fishing, good deal....

What ever floats your boat that is what I always say...:veryhappy

PS Fosters are better tasting then Buds.....

James,
Yes, you can join me anytime, and I'll be happy to have your company. I'll let you know if I go again. It's a nice local lake. I went to Irvine Lake. It's in between Orange and Tustin. The lake has recently stocked sturgen, one of the best eating fish. Its eggs are known to be Caviar. I haven't caught it yet. I've been fishing this lake for almost 10 years. I've been to many different southern lakes but found this lake to be the most productive. I almost went to Lake Elsinore on that day but I changed my mind. I actually found and mixed a new type of bait that even myself was tempted to eat it...:veryhappy

John,
You're right that I'm crazy about fishing. I had gone to Catalina, local kelps off shore, lakes...etc. I used to go once a week before. I actually went fishing with this "new lady" on last Friday, and I went again with my uncle on last Sunday. It's really relaxing while you can sit down, look at the horizontal line and the water. It's beautiful.

About fireworks, I love it. I like the big "boom" sound , especially from the firecrackers. Back in Vietnam when I was a kid, I used to make huge firecrackers in Lunar New Year for fun. I bought the powder (maybe gun powder) and the igniting fuses, a little clay, and many school homework papers. I did from A to Z. My firecrackers weren't normal. They looked very similar like the big dynamites in the cowboy movies. Each firecracker that I made had the diameter of around 2" to 3" and the height of about 6" to 7". When it exploded, it sounded like a small cannon. It shook a whole concrete house. But well, it's illegal here so I don't do that anymore or recommend it. The firecracker also became illegal over there now, except in some occasions that they're allowed to use such as weddings...etc. But it's...really fun.

Steve - I too use to make home made fireworks when I was a young lad... I was big into model rockets for a few years.....What I did is take the larger D engines and mount 2 on a long stick, then wrap them with duct tape and make a double wick....One engine would launch then the secondary would fire right after. Oh, I would then wrap M100's, flowers, you name it to the top of the sticks next to D engines. Kinda like a huge bottle rocket or something... I would lite them and run for cover.:wall: ...They would not always fly exactly straight at times....Believe it or not those little home made specials worked pretty good most of the time and went way way up in the sky....

I also use to modify bebe guns with a multiple C02 cartriages to pratically fire pelets like a 22 caliber gun, did wonders with my erector sets and ticker toys. As I got older I then graduated to homemade motorized go-carts mostly made out of wood, those little creations were always fun, and so were the lawn mower driven Mini bikes. I always got into something to fool around with as a kid.. but those are a bunch of different stories which may put you all to sleep... As a kid I guess I always was always looking to modify something and make it better and still do to this day....I guess I am crazy like that...:thinking:

My guess is there are a few other people on this forum that did some of those same things as a kid.....

I always thought you're the man of building, and not the man of destruction, demolition...:bigeyes: That's fun. You know, as we were kids, we explored and did things that are crazy. I love your rocket stuff, but I never got a chance to play. The "Armaggedon" movie or whatever spells like it.

As for the pellet guns with the Co2 cartridges that you made, I had similar experiments. It's not very dangerous, except in the eyes, but it hurt like hell if being shot at. How was your fireworks play last night? I guess you burned some $$$ in the smoke...:cool2:

It was ok.... I don't get a huge thrill out of fireworks anymore...freinds and family liked them except for the (2) M1000 that were oh so LOUD...BOOOM... Didn't burn any $$$ as I had these fireworks sitting in my closet for years.....Didn't know those big ones were so loud, I am suprised they didn't leave a crator hole in the ground...We did this in an empty parking lot so nothing got destroyed except for our ear drums....