Another V8 Volvo

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JustenGT8

Well after deciding to 'retire' the GT8 from daily driver duites and give it a harder track oriented edge i started searching for a tow car.

I really wanted a 2WD Hilux for a mild mini truck look and obviously a UZ conversion :) Ended up with a 265 Volvo wagon???? Does what i need and just a bit different which appealed. What also apealed was that it already had a V8 conversion (albeit a shitty GM 253) but has the Supra 5 speed so tailshaft etc are ready to go for a W58 behind the 1UZ i'll stuff in....complete with the Jag M112.

Should make for a good tow car, parts hauler, cruisey daily and great straight line sleeper potential :)

Certainly wagon has even more sleeper potential :) Good space too, can get the Mtn Bike in the back no dramas and heaps of space for spare wheels, tyres, tools etc for circuit days......could sleep back there no probs if needed too.

Just had a good look under the car up on the hoist and a UZ may be a little challenging as will need a fairly modified sump. Gearbox x-member and tailshaft are ready to take a W58 though so some things will be easy.

I want to compile all the bits and be ready to go so will hopefully only take a weekend or 2 once started

There was a article in Zoom a few years back about one in a 80s model ovlov.it had crappy little 14inch mags for that old school look.For sure with the sleeper action!

Blue, 268 badges, gold wheels, steering wheel mounted push buttons for gear change ?
Grey haired old b*****d driving it ?
Sure stirred up some young blokes !!

Justen, just threw out a sump, engine mounts, ducted from spoiler air filter/box, pedal box to move brake booster etc !

Oh bugger you are kidding right? salvageable...which hopper do i raid? :)

Sent you a pm on V-eight forums.

Different car though. Manual, stock mags, silver with blue two tone

Car rolled down hill and suicided against a pole unfortunately :(

It already ran a holden V8 so, if you are intereted i salvaged all the 'conversion' bits to suit a 200 series vovo so you could do a V8 swap with 5 speed toyota box very easily. Mounts, sump, box, bellhousing, tailshaft, speedo cable.