Another Happy Customer from Rush Imports Headers

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Neil,

Holy crap mate!@##$---- those headers are truly something else!@#!$
Just when i first opened up the throttle i could feel the vibrations of
those babies releasing under the steering collum..... The gains are
incredible mate>>>> I feels like i have an extra pair of hands just giving
the car an extra elastic push off of any velocity that i choose to floor
it.... WOW mate...thats all i can really say...just flooring it in park is a
sound in iits own----- I was doin laps for ya mate all over New York City
last night... good thing i bought that big brake kit from supra on thr
fronts... i really do need them now!!!

But overall this was the best mod i purchased in every category of price,
gains, quality, and satisfaction. You must really do love the soarer mate---
cause only someone with that passion for that car could make and offer such
a piece like yourself.... Thanks a whole bunch mate... you made my year.....
Talk to you later Neil

**Jeff
for more info contact www.rushimports.com.au and get the Lextreme EGR Block Plate Kit www.lextreme.com/egr.html

Lex,

I'm not sure who got the headers installed but warn him that he may begin to run a little rich and start eating up his cats. I went through a few sets of cats before I finally said screw it and went for test pipes.

Since there hasn't been too much info on these headers and any experience logging, I'm not sure if my car is an anomaly or what. However, I have read that stock 1uz's run a little on the rich side. This was info learned from one of the AUS forums.

I am also unsure whether ceramic based cats or the stock metal catalyst ones make a difference. My gut feeling tells me that the ceramic ones aren't as durable when it comes to the car running rich.

The headers are a great mod though. Please ask **Jeff to keep an eye on his cats. Otherwise, he may spend a fortune replacing them.

I have tex's headers as seen on peter scott's site. They seem very similar to the ones at rush.

http://www.planetsoarer.com/extractors/SoarerExtractors.html

Mine were JetCoated and have held up well after almost 3 years of Northeast winters. You can read up about here:

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89478&highlight=tex's+headers

I even had the shop make the effort to fit the EGR port in as seen in the pictures. All in all, it was a great mod. A little expensive because I decided to keep the EGR in place.

Next mod should be safc but I just don't have time anymore.

From this picture. Its very obvious cats would be eliminated. We do have an EGR Block Kit for the J-Spec headers. Here is the Rush's Headers
1uzfe_extractors.jpg

Lextreme said:
From this picture. Its very obvious cats would be eliminated. We do have an EGR Block Kit for the J-Spec headers. Here is the Rush's Headers
1uzfe_extractors.jpg

The cats don't need to be eliminated. They can be put further downstream in the exhaust.

From your original message, the owner is in NY. He is going to have a terrible time trying to get his car to pass inspection without cats. And if he has a 96 and newer model, I'd say it's damn near impossible. All 96 and newer cars are now hooked up to a computer and the car is analyzed and data is collected in Albany. O2 sims are going to be needed for any 96 and newer NY cars.

Take a look at the link I included earlier. I have 2 high flow magnaflow cats and egr. I've been passing emissions with flying colors for the last 3 years.

I've had Neil's headers on my Soarer for over 6 months and the cats seem to be fine. I know that's not very long but a recent dyno run showed it running around 12:1 at WOT which the operator said was pretty much ideal.

One comment on both Tex and Rush headers is the o2 sensor is at the merge of the front two pipes and projects straight out from the side of the engine.

It would make the engine package 75mm narrower if the position was rotated up or down 90degrees.

In my conversion I had to roll the engine over to clear the chassis rail.

I asked the exhaust shop to move it but they were too lazy. You should see the rest of their work. Ugly!

When I get the sensor moved the engine will sit lower and be level.

Damien said:
I've had Neil's headers on my Soarer for over 6 months and the cats seem to be fine. I know that's not very long but a recent dyno run showed it running around 12:1 at WOT which the operator said was pretty much ideal.

Damien,

Could it be that you have a 5 speed conversion which prevents you from running rich? I think my problem is that when I go WOT and the auto tranny is initially shifting, it runs rich, a little too rich.

I have gone through 2 sets of cats before I went to straight pipes. On the two sets, I noticed that the lifetime of the cats was dependent on how aggressively I drove. I know on my 2nd set of cats I drove like a granny with the occasional highway run etc and these cats lasted longer.

The cat problem for me is only a minor annoyance. The headers are great. Alot of work went into them and everyone who has seen them has been impressed with the quality of the welds.

Can anyone explain to me the difference between Tex's headers and the rush imports headers? The designs look almost identical.

Yes, you may be right. The ECU retards the ignition when the shift occurs in the auto but what happens to the fuel I wonder?

How good do they sound though!

Damien said:
Yes, you may be right. The ECU retards the ignition when the shift occurs in the auto but what happens to the fuel I wonder?

How good do they sound though!

They sound great. When I'm bored I drive around and set off car alarms ;)

Hi,

Where can i buy Tex's headers in Australia? Can someone hook me up with prices and an email and/or phone number?

Cheers,
Alex