alternative sound system

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Roger

G'day all

I have a 91 V8 Limited Soarer with an EMV screen. My 12 cd stacker is crook and getting it reparied has been a nightmare. Has anyone out there been successful in fitting in an after market cd player/ radio/ mp3. I had a technician look at mine the other day and after pulling the tape player out found that there was not enough room to fit a 1 Din unit in there. The screen projects down at least half inch. What alternative places might work for a system. Has anyone done anything with ipods or anything else that will give me some sound. I would appreciate some feed back. Even if someone had a 12 cd changer that was in good working order I would be interested.

kind regards
Roger

I guess your V8 Soarer is the same as the SC400 in the U.S. If that's the case, not only the 1 Din aftermarket stereo unit will fit in the factory stereo place, but the Double Din stereo unit will fit in there also. I've replaced the factory stereo unit with a 1 Din Pasanonic single CD player and a 1 Din Kenwood (same size as the CD player) into that location. I still have 1 slot that can fit another 1/2 Din equalizer right below. If you want the factory CD changer, then junk yards or Ebay may be the answer.

Attachments

• IMG_1083.JPG
    IMG_1083.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1086.JPG
    IMG_1086.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1087.JPG
    IMG_1087.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_1085.JPG
    IMG_1085.JPG
    51.5 KB · Views: 9
The EMV does all the AC/Heater controls as well, so removing it becomes an annoying and expensive experience.

A fair few people have installed single din DVD players that can play standard cd's and mp3s as well under the EMV.

The wires are mostly a series of connectors for the factory looming.

Also you need to keep the tape player unit plugged in to retain some functions of the EMV, but it can be easily relocated.