Altenator wirring

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

400ZED

My car has always run at 14 volts like a dream but it wouldn't idle so i took it in to get looked at and it is running 11.8 volts not getting enough fuel at idle and running like a dog fuctuating from 900-300rpm sounding like it is missing if it does not stall.

i have never wirred up the carge warning light auto elecies have told me that this will cause it to not charge at but they were wrong for the first year could this be the problem.
or is my altenator shagged it got coolant all over it last week and gets a slow spray of fan fluid(dextron 3) has done for some time now (can't find a small peskey leak)
the tunener put a voltage permeter in so it run fine but it is a bit of a band aid.

leaks

HI 400ZED, I think the leak is not hydraulic fluid from the fan, but most likely from the power steer pump, it is really common,or the short hose between the pump and the tank, mine had a small pin hole in the hose and it only leaked when really hot, and then dripps straight into the alternator, if it is the pump have a read of this it may help.
http://www.planetsoarer.com/Power steering pump.htm
Regards
Lambo

sorry but i don't have power steer but i do have hydralic fan fluid that keeps going down ( i found the leak last night from around low pressure pump intake)

took he altenator to the auto elecie and he said it must be wirring cause the altenator is fine. can anyone tell me which wire goes where the three pins on the plug one is battery one is ignition and one is light. i need to know which is which so i can try and track down my problem.
cheers stirling

Hi I am having the same problem with my SC400, did you ever find out what it was, and why the alternator would not charge the battery adequately? I rewired my alternator wire, replaced the fusable link, and installed an alternator that I had been tested, before I had it put in and still has not solved the issue. Do you know if there is any switching in the alternator that communicates with the theft control computer??? I am thinking if there is a faulty connection maybe there is a circuit that switches off the battery charging, so that the battery does not over charge or if it is theft control related, maybe it just switches off the battery charging? Maybe it is faulty??? Any Ideas???
[email protected]

I had the same problem with a Mitsi once it took years to fix, if you started it up and put the headlights on they were dimmer than normal, if you reved it up they came up bright and stayed that way, the battery was always low, after 5 different Auto electricians tried, i took it to an old shop they fitted a lamp to the circuit of the altenator to cause it to draw some current, as it was ic controlled, this forced to start charging worked a treat no more problems ever.
Regards
Lambo

Thanks Lambo and Lex,
I will investigate both of those fixes for my SC400. One other thing I am going to investigate is the AC System. Have you ever herd of this circuit going bad and draining that battery, like a grounded or shorted system. Well, thanks again you guys are the best, I will let you know what happens.
Other then this project just changed my timing belt and Clutch on my Integra, I also replaced the axels, seals, and added a lightened flywheel, also reprogrammed the ECU and threw on a 70K Volt Coil and MSD. That little guy really gets up now over 8K RPM all motor.
Sincerely,
Mr. Weekend Wrench

Attachments

• header.jpg
    header.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 110