altenator relocation

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

project 22

Hey guys fitting a 1uz in 2 a 92 rodeo crew cab, very tight fit with the altenator, n power steering pump n was wondering if ne one had seen a relocated or samller altenator bein put in its place.

The reason 4 no space the rails have bein step knotched 2" bringing all the suspension pivot points up 4 less stress on the ball joints wen laying the car out, so instead of taking the easy option of making new "A" arms we step knotched the rails raising steering box, radius arms, low sus arm and upper "A" arm

ne help would b much appreciated :feedback:

It's quite common to replacate the alternator to the other side of the engine in place of the air conditioning compressor with some swaps. It only needs abracket made to hold the alternator and extend the wiring.

if you plan on keeping the air you may need to make some mounts to put the alternator above the engine. You can't just raise the powersteering pump as the belt will hit the plastic cover over the distributor cap.

For my installation there was no possible way of running the alternator at the sides or on top of the motor. I made brackets and mounted the alternator backwards in front of the motor. Works perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive bein told u can run them of your tail shaft but i wasnt sure if the alternator could handel the rpm, and this has many down sides 4 a car that will become a daily driva
Im still in the proccess of mounting the motor so hopfully i wont have 2 , but the steering box is way 2 close with the pump n alternator and all the steering arms.

thanx 4 the replies keep em comin tah :blindfold

project 22 said:
Ive bein told u can run them of your tail shaft but i wasnt sure if the alternator could handel the rpm, and this has many down sides 4 a car that will become a daily driva
Yes, it´s possible, you just adapt the pulley-sizes to get the correct gearing for your alternator so it won´t over-rev. As you say, it´s not a daily driver solution for traffic jams... but it works well on a race-car that´s constantly moves forward.

bildid82.jpg

Your drive shaft will rarely do more revolutions per minute than the 7,000rpm the motor is doing at WOT.

7,000 on the driveshaft is probably 200mph+++!

The tailsahf idea wouldn't work for a daily driver but I wonder what the Soarer cooling fan oil pump can drive?

do you know of any pictures of this being done Zuffen, im real interested in this also

Zuffen said:
It's quite common to replacate the alternator to the other side of the engine in place of the air conditioning compressor with some swaps. It only needs abracket made to hold the alternator and extend the wiring.

if you plan on keeping the air you may need to make some mounts to put the alternator above the engine. You can't just raise the powersteering pump as the belt will hit the plastic cover over the distributor cap.

Here's my alternative spot.

No power steer or air required, the alternator had to be moved to clear the steering. I will need to put an idler pully near to where the ac pump is sitting for when the supercharger goes on.

is there any chance you can get a better pic of the brackets Zuffen, or some sort of descrition, sorry to be a pain in the rear