Airflow meter troubles

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Yakuza Cruiser

Hey all,

I have been installing a 1uz-fe into my '79 MX41 Cressida and its almost complete apart from the plug for the airflow meter aint matching..

I bought the engine as a complete package which I'm told was a direct import from Japan yes the airflow plug from engine and airflow plug on the airflow meter aint matching.

airflo-plug.jpg

Plug from engine. Looks like an igniter plug but it can't be.

airflo-plug-&-meter.jpg

Plug shown against the plug from the airflow meter.

Do I have the wrong airflow meter on there? Any thoughts?

Cheers for the tip mate,

Luckily I did find the right airflow meter for the engine. Turns out the later model 98 engines have this crazy round plastic airflow meter. Found one, bought it then it hooked straight up.

I got the car back yesterday and is fully go.
v8cressida4vb8.jpg

Its amazingly overpowered now. I'll only ever use 1st gear if I'm going to do some silly business in it.

cressidakl6.jpg

Just needs a bit of panel and paint and it should be as good as new! Choice!

I'm jealous..... what was in a 79 cressida for an engine oem? All the old toyotas here are rusted away...only a coulpe 80's celicas/ supras left.. no coronas or cressiadas or anything cool.

Damn yet another problem.. Only after a few days of driving too.

cressida1uzbeltnr8.jpg

This belt is making a hell of a racket.

cressida1uzbeltlocationkn1.jpg

The location of it is circled in red.

Anyone know what it is and why its making a weird squeeling/screetching noise? Easy fix? Cheers.

pays to do belt, idlers, tensioner, water pump and seals all at once. then you know its good and dont have to go back in there for another 100,000kms. and toyota has all the parts cheaper than you`d think.
2 door cressida must be a rare car, dont think ive ever seen one!

If its a belt problem just replace and do idlers,tensioner and waterpump as well.pretty easy to do on one of these just follow the articles on this site which have step by step procedure with pictures.you can buy a complete kit from kelvin at cartune company in Hamilton,he is gloverman on this site