Air suspension compressor triped off.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nosbig6

Have a 1991 Toyota Celsior/LS 400. The air compressor for the suspension has tripped off. Does anyone know how to reset it. Depending on how much weight I will be carring, I have to manually activate the compressor to raise the back to handle it.
Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have already tried switching the system off, disconnecting the battery for an hour to reset the computer, but that did not work. Anything else. HELP.:feedback:

Hi it sounds like the sensors on the wheels are confused, if you have tried the above try turning the system on in the boot and then put the car on a lift raising the car off the ground this will allow the wheels to travel further than normal, the manual says to turn off the system before putting it on a hoist, but this is the only way i can think of to reset the system , don't know if it will work but worth a try.

regards
lambo

Attachments

• runner.jpg
    runner.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3
  • inspection2.jpg
    inspection2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 2
  • inspection3.jpg
    inspection3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 2
  • S8300_jpg.jpg
    S8300_jpg.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 3
  • engine_1.jpg
    engine_1.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 7
Lambo,

Tried lifting all four wheels of the ground but still nothing. Any other sugestions?

Ken

Attachments

• HPIM0101.JPG
    HPIM0101.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 13
  • HPIM0110.JPG
    HPIM0110.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 17
  • HPIM0094.JPG
    HPIM0094.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 19
nosbig6 said:
Lambo,

Tried lifting all four wheels of the ground but still nothing. Any other sugestions?

Ken
What exactly is your car doing?

From time to time, my Celsior decides that having the left hand side of the car on the bump stops is "high" right hand side is still fully adjustable. To reset it I have done all sorts of things all sorts of ways, eventually it comes good.

I find that if you take the battery terminals off but leave the switch "on" in the boot, leave it over night on a LEVEL surface, then reconnect the terminals, wait a few minutes then start the car and let it idle until it sorts itself out. Oh also leave the switch on "high" next to the gear selector.

I find mine plays up after adjusting it, but if I just leave it alone, on high, (boring I know) it stays there and maintains that height.

I have been told its either the ECU or the sensors, or both, I am going to try another ECU, but if that doesnt help it I think I will just say screw it and fork out for a brandnew complete aftermarket setup.

Thanks for replying,

My celsior has stop adjusting the height automatically. To lift or lower any of the shocks I have to do it manually. That's a hassle.

Ken