Air pressure sensor module.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
I'm fitting a 1995 1uz into my Land Rover and got a couple of quick questions if anybody can help? There's an air pressure sensor module on the side of the engine, just in front of the EGR module, one side goes to the throttle body but I'm not sure where the other side goes to. Any ideas anyone?
On the other side of the engine is another vacuum or positive pressure hose of around 4-5mm bore which drops down to somewhere around the back of the power steering pump, is this the power steering idle control valve? Assuming it is I must've broken it during the install as it's come adrift and the plastic male end is still in the pipe. If I block the pipe off will this have any negative impact on the engine or power steering?
Thanks in advance.

I'm fitting a 1995 1uz into my Land Rover and got a couple of quick questions if anybody can help? There's an air pressure sensor module on the side of the engine, just in front of the EGR module, one side goes to the throttle body but I'm not sure where the other side goes to. Any ideas anyone?
On the other side of the engine is another vacuum or positive pressure hose of around 4-5mm bore which drops down to somewhere around the back of the power steering pump, is this the power steering idle control valve? Assuming it is I must've broken it during the install as it's come adrift and the plastic male end is still in the pipe. If I block the pipe off will this have any negative impact on the engine or power steering?
Thanks in advance.

You can junk all that EGR stuff from the top of the engine and just plug the hole on the P/S pump body. Obviously you'll have a couple of open ports that you'll need to plug on the inlet plenum too.
Here's one I'm working on at the moment, (number 7) as you can see it makes the top of the engine look cleaner with the EGR and all the other crap removed. The engines still run fine without it all by the way.

latest102.jpg

Hi Vince, I've been following your Lexurfs on the Surf forum, lovely job you're doing there, looks stunning. I've already ditched most of the EGR stuff and blanked the two EGR pipes, I even ditched the air pressure sensor module but thought I'd made a mistake and put it back. So IS the sensor part of the EGR system then?
Mine's a little different to the one you're doing at the moment.
I've had a look at the VSV system at the back of the engine aswell but wasn't sure how much or which ones exactly to take off, so left them alone. It seems to be a difficult year to get info on, a sort of inbetween model.
Thanks for the help so far, Lee.

Hi Vince, I've been following your Lexurfs on the Surf forum, lovely job you're doing there, looks stunning. I've already ditched most of the EGR stuff and blanked the two EGR pipes, I even ditched the air pressure sensor module but thought I'd made a mistake and put it back. So IS the sensor part of the EGR system then?
Mine's a little different to the one you're doing at the moment.
I've had a look at the VSV system at the back of the engine aswell but wasn't sure how much or which ones exactly to take off, so left them alone. It seems to be a difficult year to get info on, a sort of inbetween model.
Thanks for the help so far, Lee.

Got any photos of your engine? I have a 1996 V8 here that has a different AFM, thats about all I've noticed so far, haven't had a really good look at it yet.

The front vaccuum valve is for the charcoal canister if the vehicle has one. If you have a canister on your landrover connect it to the outlet port the valve. I prefer to ran the powersteer idle up as it makes the vehicles much nicer to drive , especially low speed and offroad. Most toyotas have a valve that will work so finding replacements is not hard , there is even a steel one which I like to use. Your motor is a 20 series motor which is a bit different from the early motors. Cheers

Thanks for the info. Gloverman. Yes I believe it's a UFC-20? There's no charcoal filter on my truck, but I guess I'm pretty safe to delete it from the system? Presumably the power steering valve is there to increase the rev's from idle to offset the loading of the pump?
Before I dropped the engine in I blanked the EGR pipes off as one was cracked, I've since made a start at deleting the rest of the EGR system. If you're familiar with the setup on these any chance of some details on exactly how much I can remove? Is there a way to fool the ECM into thinking the EGR stuff's still there aswell (bare in mind the plug to the EGR valve has six wires, unlike the earlier ones where the resistor will suffice).
Thanks for the help.
Lee.