Air feed for ISCV

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hrforever

Please don't look at this as a stupid question, but on a standard motor, the air supply for the ISCV comes from the inlet to the throttle body, with the air being drawn in by the vaccum being created by the opening of the valve. Correct, or am I missing something?

Would the valve still work properly if the hose was dispensed with and replaced with a small air filter, similar to that used on oil breather tanks. I'm just looking at options as I'm changing the TB piping and was wondering if I could get away without this hose connection.

Depending on the answer to the above, that will just leave the question of how to connect the power steering idle up hose.

Would the valve still work properly if the hose was dispensed with and replaced with a small air filter, similar to that used on oil breather tanks. I'm just looking at options as I'm changing the TB piping and was wondering if I could get away without this hose connection.

I wouldn't think it would be a problem.

I moved the whole IACV into the cabin. I wanted to mount it directly to the back of the M112, but my motor is VERY tight up against the firewall so it wouldn't fit. I ran a 3/4" hose from the EGR port on the supercharger into the cabin where the valve is mounted on a thick plate. I have not put a filter on it yet (it just draws air directly from the cabin), but that is the plan. The only thing is that I am running a standalone so I have full control of the valve. But for what you are doing, I don't think the stock ecu can tell where the air is coming from.

Mark

If running the Stock ecu you much plumb the IACV between the AFM and the TB. If it is not done correctly then you will get an AFM code and the vehicle will idle very poorly. A bit of research on here and you will find others that have plumbed it wrong by mistake and had alot of issues. If running aftermarket ECU then no issue at all. Cheers

Thanks for the replies. I'm in the process of putting in a MS3 and later, a single turbo so that's the reason for the changes, but its good to know what can be done.

Is there any suggestions as to how to connect the power steering idle up connection? I'm guessing in standard form it somehow takes its adjustments/readings from the air supplied to the ISCV as it draws air when used.

Don't worry about the idle up hoses.

If you have a modified engine it will have enough grunt to not stall when idling and you turn the stering wheel.

Just don't jamb it on lock and hold it or it may stall.

I haven't used the idle up circuit on the last two engines (and won't on my new one) without ever having it stall.