Air Con / Power Steering Delete

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

BlownV8

Has anyone run a 1UZ without Air Con or Power steer, and what sort of HP increases did they see at the wheels. With my project, i will be removing both of these.
In my old ford, i did the same and saw a 10KW increase at the wheels due to not having to drive the ancileries.
Any info on this sort of Mod. ??????????

Lex,
wotever comes std with a crown motor. I am sticking it in a MK 1 Capri, ( thats why i have it in swap section ), and i will not be running either system. Just thought someone else may have done similar in a conversion to an older car, and had some figures to go with it.

Blown V8,

Where abouts are you in the big brown land? I knew of a Capri getting the 1UZ treatment in Sydney. Is it yours?

I don't run air co and just used a shorter drive belt After I relocated m alternator to where the air co lived.

Thefastj did the full delete. Have look at his posts from around March. Aaron posed a photo with direction of belt run.

yup, ive done the full delete of both.
who needs them?! :p

but the car is still far from even being started so i cant say about what sort of gains it achieved.

hmm...i got hold of a ribbed tensioner pulley from JustenGT4 (spelling?) which i'm unaware where he got it made up. but it allows me to run the ribbed side of the belt around it...giving the shortest belt possible, and path of least resistance.

see pic:
http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~aaron83/fj/04Oct_fan_belt.jpg

Hi
another option is to run a short belt to the alternator, and remount the alternator with either the top or bottom bolted to the motor, then have the other mount attached with an adjustable bracket. this is what i've done, but the car isn't finished yet, so i cant confirm my setup will work. i've used a 5 rib 385mm belt, which i chose from the selection they had at Repco. the tensioner i made from plate alloy with a drill and jigsaw. This sort of setup is commonplace on most japanese cars.

Has anyone deleted just the power steer? I would like to keep it but running out of options on how to keep it all in the engine bay - in a hotrod, very little room. Also running A/C.

If you delete the ps the belt will hit the tensioner.

You could use the tensioner with a ribbed pully rather than the smooth one and use it to "lift" the belt between the top idler and the alt..

That should give you the ability to tension the belt.

If you went that way you would only need a shorter belt and the new pulley.

Alternatively you could run an idler above the alternator so the belt clears the tensioner then you could use the tensioner in the same way as factory.

Thanks rod, thats what i was kind of thinking. Didn't know if anyone else had done it.
Im also trying to think of a way to still keep the p/s but maybe use a smaller pump?? or spin the p/s around and sit it in front of the motor - but would have to find a pump that runs backwards to the crown, plus i think that would cause more problems than its worth
I was down your way a few weeks back, i should of dropped in and seen the beast.