AEM on TT 1UZ...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JDMfantasy

Im in the process of figuring out what exactly it will take to run this twin turbocharged 1UZ in an MK3 supra. I will be using AEM, so any input on the subject or help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the crank/cam pickup magnetic or hall? All this wiring/electronics is where I get lost in the dark.......If any can help, I'd love it.

hi, ive just seen the thread-- there is a moderater n this board.. i think hes doing the same as you-- aem-turbo, etc.. hes also relatively close--in the chicago area.. anyway, i wanted to bump up the thread.. il check on it later..
but one word of advice, if you want to install any aftermarket engine mangement--your gonna have to try and learn as much as you can about how it works..it can quickly become a nightmare- so preparing yourself- and doing as much as you can yourself will help you avoid possible problems..

Easiest way to run an AEM on the 1uz would be to use a sc400 engine harness with supra tt aem. 1uz and 2jz share the same cam and crank sensors as well as the same crank/cam trigger pattern. The pinout is the same for both. You just have to make a map from scratch.

Attachments

• Small1.jpg
    Small1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 589
  • small2.jpg
    small2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 628
  • small3.jpg
    small3.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 624
I have the complete ls400 harness for the 1UZ so that works, how do I go about mating the ls400 harness with the mk3 body? I know some of the conectors are the same, would it jsut be a matter of finding out which goes where and lengthening/shortening the wires if need be? I also know a place where I can get all the different factory plug connectors, so I change the harness plugs to fit with the body plugs if need be..... am I on the right track?

question: At what condition (FI) stand alone computer is need? I am running 550 right now and my piggyback can handle up to at least 700-800 cc. Remember its 8 injectors instead of 6. However, i would be interested to know if AEM would work on 1UZ.

The supra mk4 tt ecu connector is only common to the SC400/300, With a LS400 harness you will have to re-pin the ecu connector. Factory connectors can be bought from a toyota dealer.

Both of you guys would benefit from running stand alone computers. The AEM ems can work with all factory components, control the auto transmission, give you traction control, boost control, and pretty much anything else you could come up with.
I know that the sc400 ecm is similar to the supra ecm, i'm willing to bet that Technocraft would be able to work the v8 ecu as they do with the 2jz ecu. Change timing/fueling/limiters and make it boost friendly. Plus timing control is essential to any engine.

This is interesting...What AEM EMS are you discussing? I also have started to look at the AEM, and the Greddy eManage as well. If the AEM is plug-n-play, and can manage all the other aspects of the car that the stock ECU manages, with only fuel, timing and ignition adjustments, it might be a good one to consider. Of course, the Greddy eManage is a piggy-back.

To you Aussie guys out there, how much do you know about the Haltech E6K?

Ryan