A650E Transmission fluid

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

fastegg

In my '98 LS400, it's done 210,000km, before i purchased it, it had a full Lexus service history so if Lexus stipulated the trans fluid had to be changed at 'x' it would have been done. Either way, i want to change it again anyway as its starting to discolour.
My question is should I put a filter in it ? and there are several full synthetic ATF's around. Should I just stick to the type T-1V or Dextron 3 or go the full syn ?

I don't "Know", so take with a grain of salt, but I just use Mobil 1 and race the shit out of my car. I change it when it looks grubby. I started racing with nearly 250k Miles on it, and no problems so far....... PS, why would you bother manually shifting it? Shouldn't have any impact to change intervals, but shifting an auto? blech... I don't even do that in the race car.

A650e

My left arm doesn't work so I can't drive a manual and basically i hate auto's. If both arms worked i would have gone to alot of trouble to fit a 5 or 6 speed manual. After driving the IS-F, i fell in love with paddle shifters and if i had the spare $$$ i would get a paddle shift kit and have it fitted in a heartbeat. There are several on the market... the ones i want are about $1,000- $1,250 fitted but i don't have the $$$. There was a guy on this forum who was trying to make an 'ECU' that would allow you to use exsisting buttons on the steering wheel as paddle shifters but i haven't heard from him for ages so i guess it hasn't happened.

** Here's a picture of the tranmission cooler that's going on soon. It's 21" long and it's photograghed next to my iPhone. It will fit nicely along side the power steering cooler pipe. $10 on ebay.

Attachments

• Tranmission cooler 004.jpg
    Tranmission cooler 004.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 12
My left arm doesn't work so I can't drive a manual and basically i hate auto's. If both arms worked i would have gone to alot of trouble to fit a 5 or 6 speed manual. After driving the IS-F, i fell in love with paddle shifters and if i had the spare $$$ i would get a paddle shift kit and have it fitted in a heartbeat. There are several on the market... the ones i want are about $1,000- $1,250 fitted but i don't have the $$$. There was a guy on this forum who was trying to make an 'ECU' that would allow you to use exsisting buttons on the steering wheel as paddle shifters but i haven't heard from him for ages so i guess it hasn't happened.

** Here's a picture of the tranmission cooler that's going on soon. It's 21" long and it's photograghed next to my iPhone. It will fit nicely along side the power steering cooler pipe. $10 on ebay.

I got some kind of cooler (oil cooler I think) from a late model Celica at the junkyard for $10, that is about 4x that size.... really hard to tell level with fresh fluid though!

I hate auto's too, but now that I've got 40hrs of race time on this one, I only hate it a little... Still prefer stick on the street as its more fun. I have another car with TIP, but I never use it that way....

if you REALLY want a paddle shifter, or at least buttons, you could probably swap to a GS400 ecu, harness, and steering wheel, as those were e-shift. The ecu and wiring provisions for the e-shift don't exist in the LS ecu though. You would probably need the GS clock spring too.

A650e

if you REALLY want a paddle shifter, or at least buttons, you could probably swap to a GS400 ecu, harness, and steering wheel, as those were e-shift. The ecu and wiring provisions for the e-shift don't exist in the LS ecu though. You would probably need the GS clock spring too.

Thanks for the info... er.... what do you mean GS clock spring ?..... or are you taking the piss ?
:)
....and while on the subject of paddleshifters... there are quite a few after market paddle shift kits that claim to be able to be wired into any electrically controlled g/box..... Do you know anything aBOUT THESE ?

Thanks for the info... er.... what do you mean GS clock spring ?..... or are you taking the piss ?
:)
....and while on the subject of paddleshifters... there are quite a few after market paddle shift kits that claim to be able to be wired into any electrically controlled g/box..... Do you know anything aBOUT THESE ?

"clockspring" is the airbag wiring on the column.

the clockspring is the name for the device that passes electrical signals from the harness to the steering wheel, invlucing the fxn/reset/info button or the dash, the airbag, and (in the GS) the shifter buttons.