'99 ucf20/21 1uz vvt imobiliser question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

T

I have the opportunity to purchase a well priced '99 1uz with ecu, but not the immobiliser unit. Importer say they can get another imobiliser assembly (key, coil, amplifier) but it will not be off the same car that the motor came out of.

Now from the research I have done, it APPEARS that the imobiliser unit runs independant of the ecu (like current camry/aurion setup) Can anyone confirm this? If that is the case, an equiv setup from same model should work (or potentially equiv type of setup from similar toyota may work too)

Anyone able to confirm this for me before i put any $$ down?

Of course my other option is the immobiliser bypass (Gloverman?) which may have advantages in this project

Thanks in advance

Toby

Not sure where you have researched but with the UCF20 vvti toyota/lexus moved the main immobiliser unit into the engine ecu. Unless the correct parts are matched it wont work. Many other toyotas do have an external immobiliser unit but not these ones. I should sit down and work on the UCF30 one as they changed it again. Looks like the BCM is part of the immobiliser.

Thanks for the reply Gloverman. Ok so on this model it's the same sort of setup as on the 2zz celicas then - you have to have a matched set of everything. Well i don't need to worry about that motor "conversion" as someone else has bought it. I'll see if importer can get me another one complete with steering column then. :(
unless there is a "better" setup other than the ucf20 that is?

Thank you

I had a phone call about the same thing yesterday regarding a front cut from over there. Might be the same one. Better depends on what you are doing. Whether it has the key stuff doesnt bother me. Most of what we get over here dont have the security stuff. Cheers

spoke to a locksmith yesterday about this setup & he confirmed that the immobiliser is in the ecu. He did however say that if i could supply a key, amp, ring etc he could reset it. even without a key he could reset it (at the time he was recoding an aurion immobiliser setup for me - we never got the key with it. he cut a key off the lock & it took him 5 minutes to reset immobiliser & have the car running. scary)

T

oh - regarding your questions - it was not a 1/2 cut, it was a cutout "conversion" (missing some critical parts) was an import, so same as you would get over there.