96 LS400 Whining

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

tsirovy

I replaced my power steering pump today with a new one that has worked in other engines. I just bought this 96 and also replaced the high pressure hose because the old one was leaking. I did the pump because last night I had a loud whining noise that sounded like it had low fluid which was not the problem. Got the new pump and hose in today and still the same whining noise as if it were low on fluid. ????

Thanks Lex. Is the solenoid the connection point of the hoses on the rack and pinion that is electronic? Also is the filter located after removal of the solenoid? I want to double check that filter.

I checked the solenoid and the filter on it was entirely blocked. cleaned it and reinstalled and worked better but not completely. Any suggestions?

Changed solenoids from 1st gen to second generation switching plugs for electrical. seems to be much quieter however I cannot remember how it is supposed to sound. I am in testing phase for now.

Changing the Alternator is what fixed my power steering whining noise. The whole car runs so much better now.

How much did you get your alternator for? I'm under the impression i got a good deal on mine, then again, i could be off? or did you just rebuild it?

How much did you get your alternator for? I'm under the impression i got a good deal on mine, then again, i could be off? or did you just rebuild it?