94 SC400 Misc. Repair

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Anyone have a do it yourself on fixing the A/C (Heater) fan? Mine isn't working at all. And its really cold here. I would love to fix the heater. What should I look for? Is it easy. Its all under the passenger dash right?

Anyone have a do it yourself on fixing the A/C (Heater) fan? Mine isn't working at all. And its really cold here. I would love to fix the heater. What should I look for? Is it easy. Its all under the passenger dash right?
If you can still hear the fan working, then it'll be either a blocked panel cover in the passenger foot area and right underneath the glove compartment, or it'll be blocked heater hose. If the fan isn't working, then check the fuse. The fan blower is right under the glove compartment.

I don't hear the fan at all so I will check the fuses. I installed a new head unit and system in. but when I did that a took the power for the climate control so now I have to go back in there and splice the power wire back in. And I fixed some of the engine harness wires cause they were cut. Thanks steve I will take a look at that.

Checked all fuses and they are all good. Took my meter and checked power up to the fuse box and thats good. Should I take the passenger bottom plastic off and check the blower? Filled the fan reseviour, got my amp, subs, and head unit all plugged in. I need a filter for that, but If I turn it up I don't hear it.
So right now just need to get that heater working, I can almost hear the fan turning on, but it could be my imagination.

Ok, yesterday I was driving home from work and all of a sudden the windshield wipers went off and they wouldn't shut off. Anyone know why? And my rear defrosters stopped working. Is it cause I was playing with the fuses? I'm going to check all of them but is there something else I should be looking for?

sometimes the wiper relay or motor will accumulate condensation and will go off whenever they want. This happened to my dads tacoma... everything was fine once 2days passed and the water evaporated. Did you drive through a rain storm lately? Does it come on only in the mornings?

fuses would be the 1st place to check.

Actually only when going home, granted it was when it was rain/ snowing. and yes the other time was in the morning and there was frost. It didn't do it this afternoon when coming home. So that would make sense. Fuses checked out good. Thanks for the quick response.

Ok now the problem is that random electrical items quit out at different times. Right now my windshield wipers don't work, on occasion the dome light stops working, or the dash clock stopped working, the radio lost all power to it. But then on occasion they come back. Now fuses out. It's a really weird problem to have.

Ok, driving to work today I noticed my brake light in my dash was on, but my e brake was not. The light then dimmed out. But when I waswaiting at the light to make a left turn I noticed that the brake light was dim yet it was blinking oposite my turn signal. Anyone know why these electrical items are shutting down?

I would honestly check to see if you have a wire harness/loom chewed on my rats/rabbits or anything like that. Did the car sit for a long time? Sounds like you have a lot of electrical grimlins in your SC. I could see a chewed harness getting wet and causing random circuits to freak out.

Have you spliced any electrical systems into the stock system such as lights, stereo, etc ?

I doubt that it was that. I bought it up in Denver. Though I think it sat at Geicos salvage lot for a bit. It was in an accident (front end) I'm think some of the wiring was damaged up under some of the metal. Some wire harness hangs down by the fronts tires due to missing splash guard. I just don't want to end up on the side of the road. But as long as it drives till my 4Runner is up and running then I can strip the Lexus down.

Good info, I would take your front bumper off as well as the crossmemeber and maybe the fenders and chase all the looms down. You are right when you said the wiring may have been damaged. A large wire loom could have gotten pinched from the accident, causing a short to ground, or a short to another system or problems only under wet driving conditions. Since you said your splash guard is missing, check the large 1" thick loom thats tucked under each fender apron (up high), if you bottom out real hard the tires will contact the loom, causing rubbing.

When I worked at Big-O-tires years back we had an old 88 Caprice wagon that had a family of rabbits living under the hood. When it finally got fred up for the first time in several years it would never hold a charge. problem was the rabbits chewed through a lot of wire insulation and it would short to the chassis frame every time.

Good to know. Checking through the power source diagrams that I downloaded, it looks like its a black wire from the fuse box and splits off a few places but it has a few of these things that are failing out on it.

Looks like I have the wiring harness hanging down on my passenger side wheel that occansionally hits the tires on bumps and stuff. By the way how are you guys posting pics. I have some that I have wanted to post.

upload your pictures at photobucket.com and then you copy the text under "direct link" and then click the button above that has a picture icon. Then paste the photobucket text into this and submit.

Great thanks. Found out the passenger side wheel well skirt is still in place so my guess is the problem is under the driverside wheel well. Only there was lots of ice and road salt and dirt under there.

Or I could use the ones I have on Yotatech. Here are pics when I first got it.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: